• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody in that meeting is equivalent to Joe Paterno. Everybody is equally guilty. Everybody.

To me. If you had something or Say something that leads to a cover up. Your guilty.

I can see it both ways.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or is there too much focus on this, when players are excessively celebrating goals and some are displaying actual personalities?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Hodge essentially calling out the media for not reporting on this story earlier (it's a 2021 pen flip).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Dave Hodge called out CBC for its bs back in the day and was subsequently fired - This is what I mean by consequences be damned. Picked up by TSN so it all worked out fine for Dave.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and provided a fucking recommendation letter so he could hunt again.
future victims include a 16 year old kid.

i don't think that is getting enough attention.
Honestly, I missed that point myself when reading the stories and parts of the report.

Luckily my summary point still stands.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, in my company, if I see or become aware of any type of harassment or discrimination - sexual or otherwise - and I fail to, at a minimum, report it to my manager and/or HR, I can be terminated right along with the person doing the harassing.
Same here. As I have said I have done the forensics portion of a bazillion of these investigations and it very rarely ever goes well for the ones who knew and didn't say anything.

My company has a line set up where you can call and report. It's 100% confidential and the company running it doesn't even give recordings to us of the voices. We get a transcript of the allegation and all data related to the phone call remain with the third party. And it has worked perfectly on a number of occasions in rooting out miscreants in our midst. Whenever one comes in a team made up of people from Legal, HR, Forensics and Physical Security investigate. Simple as that.

And we're not in a business with mandatory reporting requirements through Safe Sport.
Let's be clear here. I can see why people don't like my point but I do have one.

Do I think Chev is despicable for staying silent to advance his own career? Fuck ya

But where he be if he spoke up?
Probably fired, but set up for a big wrongful termination lawsuit.

And certainly better off than the victims that he didn't stand up for.
Is it me or is there too much focus on this, when players are excessively celebrating goals and some are displaying actual personalities?
Not to mention fake vaxx cards.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably fired, but set up for a big wrongful termination lawsuit.

And certainly better off than the victims that he didn't stand up for.

the daily show boom GIF

My point in a nutshell. I'm kinda of a deep thinking type

It's in our nature as humans to find ways to get ahead, whether it be finding loopholes in the system or Getting bloody hands.

He did what most of us would do, in our nature. He just murder by doing it

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Trying to nail down a time"?

No Gary. You drop everything and make yourself available to him.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be clear here. I can see why people don't like my point but I do have one.

Do I think Chev is despicable for staying silent to advance his own career? Fuck ya

But where he be if he spoke up?
Obviously the right thing to do would have been to say something. But his career and probably most of his adult relationships would have come to an end. It probably would not have been the easiest thing to do when pretty much everyone around you was downplaying it and telling each other to keep quiet. Its not easy ostracizing yourself by speaking out against coworkers teammates, but it needs to be done at times. Police, medical workers, politicians all need to learn this.

But yeah something needed to be said so no one else got hurt, and it wasn't. So Im OK with him getting fired or punished, if he does, even though he was not in a power position.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the daily show boom GIF

My point in a nutshell. I'm kinda of a deep thinking type

It's in our nature as humans to find ways to get ahead, whether it be finding loopholes in the system or Getting bloody hands.

He did what most of us would do, in our nature. He just murder by doing it
You misunderstood my comment. And most of us would NOT do what he did. He saved his own skin at the expense of several r*pe victims.

When I become aware of a crime, I report said crime. And it would be the same even if I didn't have a ethics clause in my employment agreement.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the institution of an anonymous reporting mechanism is the answer going forward. The old boy's club is what kept everyone quiet. And making every report go through the same old boy's club who will only look out for themselves is stupid.

But it didn't exist then. And hearing that a player was r*ped and then hearing a bunch of people say the playoffs were more important and just going along with it is something that should be punished.

To say nothing of the lying about it once it did finally come out how much of a monster the guy was. Chevy gets no credit for any of his cowardice. from me.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misunderstood my comment. And most of us would NOT do what he did. He saved his own skin at the expense of several r*pe victims.

When I become aware of a crime, I report said crime. And it would be the same even if I didn't have a ethics clause in my employment agreement.

Same here.

But most will find ways to ignore it if in the long run it works our to the benefit.

43. We are having the same problem about misunderstanding. I don't agree with him covering up the crime and wish him an entirety with the devil when he passes.

But I can understand

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The world is not perfect but who said it was....

Not looking for perfection, just hoping that people will do the right thing especially when it's a case of a person assaulting another person.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me put it this way....

I want to do work in self advocatity system because I'm "immoral" because My parents took the time to learn the system that Vancouver Island and BC has for people with diversabilitiles and I benefited from it.

I hate the system is that way because It only helps the people who have time to do the research and see what is out there. I say that is 10-15% of families out there .

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.