• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A day later and I thought I might be less angry. I'm not. Here's what needs to happen:

1. Dispersion draft of the Hawks. Everything must go.
2. Hawks lose their franchise for a year.
3. Hawks pay at least $30M reinstatement fee. Half (at least) goes to abuse victim relief initiatives.
4. Hawks start from scratch as an expansion franchise.

Don't like it? Then revoke their franchise altogether and look for expansion owners in the Midwest.

On the one hand, it's hard to believe that the only punishment to date is a $2 million fine. Then you remember it's the NHL and it's not so hard to believe.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A day later and I thought I might be less angry. I'm not. Here's what needs to happen:

3. Hawks pay at least $30M reinstatement fee. Half (at least) goes to abuse victim relief initiatives.

Don't like it? Then revoke their franchise altogether and look for expansion owners in the Midwest.

I like your Death Penialty.

Alot better than Mine.

I went Fishing to cope with my anger. Caught and threw back 2 trout. It helped

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dish was my only option without paying through the nose to watch my out of market Penguin games. Earlier this month they dropped the remaining RSNs so now I'm limited to national broadcasts or paying the NHL for Center Ice or a streaming package. The NHL is not getting a dime of my money, at least not directly.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand, it's hard to believe that the only punishment to date is a $2 million fine. Then you remember it's the NHL and it's not so hard to believe.

nathan fillion castle GIF

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm on board with all of that except I think #3 should be the same $650M that the Kraken just paid. But the league doesn't get a penny of it.

Beach gets whatever his reasonable career earnings would have been plus a 100% bonus (note, this would not be to settle the lawsuits, this would just be a no-strings payment).

Next chunk goes to each subsequent victim. Say, $5M per (again, not to settle lawsuits, no strings attached payment).

100% of what's left goes to relief initiatives, as you suggest.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board with all of that except I think #3 should be the same $650M that the Kraken just paid. But the league doesn't get a penny of it.

Beach gets whatever his reasonable career earnings would have been plus a 100% bonus (note, this would not be to settle the lawsuits, this would just be a no-strings payment).

Next chunk goes to each subsequent victim. Say, $5M per (again, not to settle lawsuits, no strings attached payment).

100% of what's left goes to relief initiatives, as you suggest.

Same.

But i'd make Beach a Coach or GM

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My punishment idea first and foremost is vacate the 2010 stanley cup win. They as a team, covered this up because they didnt want to distract from winning the cup … well congrats team, you no longer won the cup that year. Make everyone pay back any bonuses they received even though they are nominal. Take all their names off the cup for that year. Redo the cup ring and exclude their year.

I would take all their draft picks away for three years too … maybe they can learn how to protect kids during that time

I wouldnt remove the franchise from the league. I would let them play and make them a laughing stock. Maybe make their cap ceiling everybody elses floor

And yah 2 million fine is a joke

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q resigned.... Chevy you're up next...

Honestly. Said this in the league chat

"What bad did he do?"

only lied about being in meeting.

The same Meeting that give the quote that i believe Q should be fired for

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My punishment idea first and foremost is vacate the 2010 stanley cup win. They as a team, covered this up because they didnt want to distract from winning the cup … well congrats team, you no longer won the cup that year. Make everyone pay back any bonuses they received even though they are nominal. Take all their names off the cup for that year. Redo the cup ring and exclude their year.

I would take all their draft picks away for three years too … maybe they can learn how to protect kids during that time

And yah 2 million fine is a joke

Or give it to the team they defeated in the 2010 Quarters........

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take all their names off the cup for that year. Redo the cup ring and exclude their year.
I say don't redo the Cup ring. Scratch all of the names and the team off so that the spot is just a big series of Xs.

Forcing it to still be front and center as nothing but Xs is more appropriately embarrassing.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Hope not

Lifetime ban is deserved
The MSM access boys will always give a high profile hockey man a nice moment to show he’s changed, Case in point Dreger’s slobbering of Mike Babcock earlier this year that whitewashed his years of documented abuse of players. He was on NBCSN a few weeks later doing intermission panels.

Fuck, Dreger was even asked point blank earlier today by Sekeres & Peixe “why are you “insiders” so fucking useless as to not report this ten years ago?” and he was basically speechless. Friedman, Johnston, Mackenzie etc. all deserve to be asked the same question. Zero fucking chance none of this got to them, ditto for the Aliu n-word incident, ditto for Babcock fucking outing Mitch Marner’s ranking of his teammates in front of the whole room and verbal abuse of Johan Franzen, and so forth and so forth.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or give it to the team they defeated in the 2010 Quarters........
Could they just co-award it to the Canucks and Sabres?

And then we all just collectively agree to pretend we have no idea why, but that each team has a Cup that none of us remember for some odd reason.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think revoking the franchise would be a good thing here - the league can fuck itself but honestly losing a franchise in a city like Chicago just hurts every other team as a whole and the owners would never do that - but if the NBA can basically turf Donald Sterling in a matter of days I can’t imagine it would be much harder to get the Wirtz brood out of the league and find new ownership for one of its most storied franchises.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to disagree with killing off the franchise. Make them stay. And choke the life out of them. Destroy them for a decade or more.

Lifetime bans, player suspensions for anyone still playing (with no cap relief), voided cup wins, forfeit games for the season, no first 3 round draft picks for five years, they are last in wiaver claim order for 5 years, they have to give up their share of TV revenues to abuse recovery charities.

And they will never, ever, get an outdoor game, all star game or entry draft again.

I got locked out of my account for a while when I couldn't remember my password.

Good thing nothing significant has happened in the NHL in the last 3 weeks or so.
Have I got news for you. Max Domi came back from a broken rib in A WEEK
Dish was my only option without paying through the nose to watch my out of market Penguin games. Earlier this month they dropped the remaining RSNs so now I'm limited to national broadcasts or paying the NHL for Center Ice or a streaming package. The NHL is not getting a dime of my money, at least not directly.

onhockey.tv with an ad blocker.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MSM access boys will always give a high profile hockey man a nice moment to show he’s changed, Case in point Dreger’s slobbering of Mike Babcock earlier this year that whitewashed his years of documented abuse of players. He was on NBCSN a few weeks later doing intermission panels.

Fuck, Dreger was even asked point blank earlier today by Sekeres & Peixe “why are you “insiders” so fucking useless as to not report this ten years ago?” and he was basically speechless. Friedman, Johnston, Mackenzie etc. all deserve to be asked the same question. Zero fucking chance none of this got to them, ditto for the Aliu n-word incident, ditto for Babcock fucking outing Mitch Marner’s ranking of his teammates in front of the whole room and verbal abuse of Johan Franzen, and so forth and so forth.
Both Lebrun (in an Athletic article) and Friedman (in a podcast) have said they should’ve done better in investigating this in the last 24 hours.

So I’m guessing both are nose deep in Bill Guerin stuff now right?

Status
Not open for further replies.