• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't wait until he makes Boosh cry and tries to get Bucci to block shots.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy birthday to Sidney Crosby - you’ve been a NHL’er almost half your life now.
May you get the superstar treatment, some decent presents other than lamp posts and not nut punched.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't really understand what is happening here. The Panthers are paying a college football player to come to their games or something?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't really understand what is happening here. The Panthers are paying a college football player to come to their games or something?
Pretty much. That, tweet about them, etc

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that is it in a nut shell. And him being the first to sign a NIL agreement.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't really understand what is happening here.

It is confusing on it's face. It doesn't help that the press release used the term "NIL" almost a half dozen times without even stating what that meant (name, image, likeness).

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that is it in a nut shell. And him being the first to sign a NIL agreement.

Raise the banner!!

deriq-king.jpg

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is confusing on it's face. It doesn't help that the press release used the term "NIL" almost a half dozen times without even stating what that meant (name, image, likeness).
Hence why I posted that other article. They really didn't care to give details and isn't that journalism/reporting/documentation 101 if you use an acronym at least the first time explicitly state what the acronym stands for?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence why I posted that other article. They really didn't care to give details and isn't that journalism/reporting/documentation 101 if you use an acronym at least the first time explicitly state what the acronym stands for?
FWIW, NIL is fairly well known now with those that follow college football. It's been pretty big news this year. So, the target market was probably aware of it.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NIL means nothing to me.
You're not basing your purchases based on influence from a college quarterback (who, let's be real.... Isn't really that good anyway)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, NIL is fairly well known now with those that follow college football. It's been pretty big news this year. So, the target market was probably aware of it.
I am glad that the players are able to make some money instead of watching the University rake in all the cash on their backs.

Just find it really, really weird that a hockey team signed a football player to come to games and pretend to like hockey. Like, do the Panthers think their empty arena is because the locals were just waiting for permission to go from a QB?
NIL means nothing to me.
Nincompoop in Law.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad that the players are able to make some money instead of watching the University rake in all the cash on their backs.

Just find it really, really weird that a hockey team signed a football player to come to games and pretend to like hockey. Like, do the Panthers think their empty arena is because the locals were just waiting for permission to go from a QB?

Nincompoop in Law.
Miami... If the team (football) surpasses expectations, and is actually good this year, the Panthers will probably get a little more attention. You know the culture around here. If you involve OSU football in anything, you probably get more attention. I'd be surprised if no OSU players get anything from the Jackets

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get that but any reporter with a sense of anything would specify what NIL stood for. The article did delve into but at the surface really didn't mean much.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami... If the team (football) surpasses expectations, and is actually good this year, the Panthers will probably get a little more attention. You know the culture around here. If you involve OSU football in anything, you probably get more attention. I'd be surprised if no OSU players get anything from the Jackets
That;s the way I take it. Anything for attention and why not a college player since that NIL money will be a lot cheaper than say a Dolphin's player endorsement. Also, if the Canes are anywhere near decent he might be more marketable than any Dolphins player.

Reactions: gob
Status
Not open for further replies.