• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami... If the team (football) surpasses expectations, and is actually good this year, the Panthers will probably get a little more attention. You know the culture around here. If you involve OSU football in anything, you probably get more attention. I'd be surprised if no OSU players get anything from the Jackets
With Gordon Gee not in charge at OSU, it might happen but the bad blood might run pretty deep. OSU did everything they could to keep the Jackets from happening. The book "Chill Factor" goes into pretty deep detail on the battle.

Had Nationwide not stepped in, the Jackets would not have happened. At the end of the day, it all worked out for the best. I can't imagine how bad it would suck if the Jackets games were at the Schott. The Arena district is a treasure.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Gordon Gee not in charge at OSU, it might happen but the bad blood might run pretty deep. OSU did everything they could to keep the Jackets from happening. The book "Chill Factor" goes into pretty deep detail on the battle.

Had Nationwide not stepped in, the Jackets would not have happened. At the end of the day, it all worked out for the best. I can't imagine how bad it would suck if the Jackets games were at the Schott. The Arena district is a treasure.
I think you might have mentioned that book before. I've heard of it somewhere. I need to read it.

Games at the Schott would suck.

I always felt like the Crew didn't do enough to attract OSU students, but maybe it was a little bit of the same thing there.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might have mentioned that book before. I've heard of it somewhere. I need to read it.

Games at the Schott would suck.

I always felt like the Crew didn't do enough to attract OSU students, but maybe it was a little bit of the same thing there.
I have a friend who was heavily involved in "save the crew" and sits in the Nordecke and he said it's the same. OSU didn't want them using OSU facilities or competing with OSU sports. Crew wanted to play some games in the shoe, and OSU said absolutely not. It's why they had to build Mapfre stadium too. Which nearly financially crippled the team out of the gate. Again, Parks and Rec and the State Fair organizers stepped in. The fact that the Crew survived is pretty miraculous, actually especially considering that idiot owner they had.

Call around to some Half Price Books locations. I am sure I've seen it there.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend who was heavily involved in "save the crew" and sits in the Nordecke and he said it's the same. OSU didn't want them using OSU facilities or competing with OSU sports. Crew wanted to play some games in the shoe, and OSU said absolutely not. It's why they had to build Mapfre stadium too. Which nearly financially crippled the team out of the gate. Again, Parks and Rec and the State Fair organizers stepped in. The fact that the Crew survived is pretty miraculous, actually especially considering that idiot owner they had.

At least now we can enjoy our downtown stadium while Austin enjoys their *checks map* 10 miles away "downtown" stadium.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And here I thought Cincinnati was the Drama Queen City.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I imagine every arena in Canada will follow suit in short order.
those that ague.... fuck 'em

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine every arena in Canada will follow suit in short order.
those that ague.... fuck 'em

Oh boy those idiot anti vaxxers are probably heading to protest at MTS Centre :spy:

/if they can find it after the name change heh

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brass Bonanza should be the first tune at the wedding reception.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you name your daughter Atlanta, she's either going to move to Canada or get disappointed in early February.

Status
Not open for further replies.