• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fucking culture has to stop in all leagues. Jesus this is serious and that's his response..
Speaking of how deep this runs in all leagues:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of how deep this runs in all leagues:

My son's high school team had a hazing incident and some players complained. My son says the head coach thought it was funny and only addressed it after the school investigated. the coach kept his job. The players that backed the coach got playing time and the players that had a problem with it had their playing time wind down and only one made it to senior year (this obviously happened to freshmen). The coach played in the O (For Kilrea), was drafted by Vancouver and played in the ECHL. Not a dad of a kid on the team. A real hockey "boys club" guy. He should have known better.

Granted, it was nowhere near as heinous as what happened with Graham James, and all these other allegations but it shows the ingrained culture of coaches abusing power and using desire to play as a means of keeping players quiet. These stories are gonna get way worse before they stop.
Well this is awful news.

That is awful. Hope the Pastrnaks can somehow find peace. It's a very difficult thing to come back from.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

brutal

28. I heard on the weekend that there’s a team that offered to extend its amateur scouts — whose contracts expire at the end of this month — a 30-day extension through the draft. That’s rough.

Last edited:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

brutal

28. I heard on the weekend that there’s a team that offered to extend its amateur scouts — whose contracts expire at the end of this month — a 30-day extension through the draft. That’s rough.
2. This is what I can tell you about the rumours that Matthew Tkachuk wants out of Calgary: When the news about Seth Jones got around, no one was thrilled it had leaked, but no one denied it. Same for Oliver Ekman-Larsson being available and Dougie Hamilton free to talk to other teams. With Tkachuk, there’ve been firm denials. I do believe the Flames refused to include him in any Pierre-Luc Dubois trade talks last season.

dash, any truth to that? What does this do to us being able to trade for Monahan?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. This is what I can tell you about the rumours that Matthew Tkachuk wants out of Calgary: When the news about Seth Jones got around, no one was thrilled it had leaked, but no one denied it. Same for Oliver Ekman-Larsson being available and Dougie Hamilton free to talk to other teams. With Tkachuk, there’ve been firm denials. I do believe the Flames refused to include him in any Pierre-Luc Dubois trade talks last season.

dash, any truth to that? What does this do to us being able to trade for Monahan?

All I know is that there is some considerable smoke around Calgary (likely due to the heat dome). Tkachuk is a very polarizing figure, some people think he's the guy to shake up the country club atmosphere the permeates through the Flames dressing room, others want him on the next bus out of town. What I think is they certainly need to shake up the core and he would fetch a nice package in return.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of wanting to dump Jones for anything, this was an interesting chart

The straight up Provo for Jones is a common hot stove trade proposal. I don't want to move like for like and not address center.

I think we're gonna see a 3 way deal with the pieces being Jones in Philly, Eichel here and young guys, Korpi and picks in Buffalo.

There's some solid D 2nd/third pair D men out there as UFAs that we can fill the holes. Especially if we somehow wind up with Clarke or Hughes at the draft. Bring in Oleksiak or bring back Savard.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scratch his name off the list.

Money is solid, but those last few years are what I was worried about. But in this climate him getting his full 8 is good for him.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Money is solid, but those last few years are what I was worried about. But in this climate him getting his full 8 is good for him.

Holy Toledo, he left a ton on the money on the table. On the other hand, he knows he only has to play hockey until mid-April for the next 8 seasons :D

/Gives him more time to watch his horse run at Hastings lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a fantastic deal for Edmonton. Those last few years are nothing, especially if the cap starts going up a year or so earlier. Eat half the deal and someone will take it off your hands. Meanwhile leaves them $15 mil + buyouts (+ $5 mil Klefbom LTIR most likely) to fix the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.