• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's off and running!

Couple things - Seth Jones never said he wouldn't sign long term here. He said he would test the market. He wouldn't commit to a long term deal with anyone right now until he hits the market, as is his right.

If Voracek is on the market as well as Reinhart, then here is where my head is: Bemstrom, TO's first, Korpi for a signed and traded Reinhart and then Jones to Philly for Jake. Would need more from Philly because Jake's contract is ugly big but I would welcome the guy back.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact the league has been silent on this to date is pretty sad. This is so open and shut.
reporters need to openly challenge the NHL to get them to speak. Isn't Bettmans state of the union coming soon? I would not let him off the hook.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has been very quiet regarding this story and it could have far reaching implications. Some of the prominent names with the Hawks at the time who still have key roles with other teams:

Joel Quenneville - Florida head coach (Hawks head coach back in 2010)
Marc Bergevin - Montreal GM (director of player development for the Hawks back in 2010)
Kevin Cheveldayoff - Jets GM (assistant GM for the Hawks back in 2010)

Are you trying to tell me that none of the three above knew about this incident?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
gotta love Panger.
amazing he was an actual NHL goalie.
he had to jump to reach the high shots

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has been very quiet regarding this story and it could have far reaching implications. Some of the prominent names with the Hawks at the time who still have key roles with other teams:

Joel Quenneville - Florida head coach (Hawks head coach back in 2010)
Marc Bergevin - Montreal GM (director of player development for the Hawks back in 2010)
Kevin Cheveldayoff - Jets GM (assistant GM for the Hawks back in 2010)

Are you trying to tell me that none of the three above knew about this incident?

Sounds like the NHLPA did very little to help the Hawks player as well (allegedly)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questions are starting, Bettman must hate that this is happening now... Good .. fuck him

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Questions are starting, Bettman must hate that this is happening now... Good .. fuck him

Annual state on the league address is usually at game 1 of the finals.
He will worm away from the answers, but at least the questions will be asked

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fucking culture has to stop in all leagues. Jesus this is serious and that's his response..

This has been getting very little play on Sportsnet (has Maclean or the panel discussed it on air?)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck?

I think that is a safe way of saying, it is fucked up and legally can't say much about it.

Don't get me wrong it is a stupid answer but if he is legally part of this and didn't have his lawyer with him, I doubt he knew how to answer properly.

Last edited:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a safe way of saying, it is fucked up and legally can't say much about it.

Don't get me wrong it is a stupid answer but if he is legally part of this and didn't have his lawyer with him, I doubt he knew how to answer properly.

I agree with this and I think the question puts Leddy in a no-win situation (it's akin to somebody asking you if you have stopped beating your wife). The other thing is there are already several accounts of people saying that it was an open secret within the Hawks organization that this happened and that it was reported to management who decided to do nothing. This falls on upper levels of Hawks management.

Status
Not open for further replies.