• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP....Way too young!

Kurvers was killer on the PP, can't say much about his defense though. @Bloody Brian Burke just remember the Leafs traded their first round pick for him which in turned to be Scott Niedermayer.
I always heard he was a good player, just not someone you would acquire for the price the Leafs paid for him (kinda like Phil Kessel). Sad that he’s gone. Hope he lived well.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58 from lung cancer. Had no idea he was sick. RIP
On the NBC broadcast last night, Eddie O mentioned it with a pretty heartfelt statement wishing him well. He got a tad choked up. It was the first I had heard he was sick, but you could tell it wasn't good the way Eddie was talking.

RIP TK

Fuck cancer.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes a certain level of hubris for the Hawks to include the following:

"Based on our investigation, we believe the allegations against the organization lack merit and we are confident the team will be absolved of any wrongdoing.”

Also wild that it seems like this asshole is trying to use "hey, I'm telling you guys that if I'd just quit the coaching job first and he'd been just a little older this would have been totally legal!" as a mitigating factor in the offense against the high schooler :L

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's the point? Not like they were going to waste a pick on any of these guys since none will probably play again.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's the point? Not like they were going to waste a pick on any of these guys since none will probably play again.
There was some question about guys like Gus Nyquist who missed the whole season but will be coming back. But looks like we have to protect him.

I feel like there is someone else notable who missed the entire season.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some question about guys like Gus Nyquist who missed the whole season but will be coming back. But looks like we have to protect him.

I feel like there is someone else notable who missed the entire season.
Tough to put a finger on those players. Maybe a light will go off and in that flash we will remember who with a roaring thunder.

Now if he had been deemed ineligible then the whole process is a complete sham (not that it isn't already).

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
French Connection was so very fun to watch
fast, fluid, skilled hockey.

One of my favourite memories of childhood was when the Sabres were at the Forum in Montreal and Danny Gallivan saying Gilbert Perreault was dipsey-doodling over the blue line. RIchard Martin and Rene Robert along with Gilbert were very entertaining.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favourite memories of childhood was when the Sabres were at the Forum in Montreal and Danny Gallivan saying Gilbert Perreault was dipsey-doodling over the blue line. RIchard Martin and Rene Robert along with Gilbert were very entertaining.
Or Ted Darling saying that

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My NHL viewing began in 75. I had no idea until tonight that in 72 the Penguins traded Rene Robert to Buffalo for Eddie Shack

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My NHL viewing began in 75. I had no idea until tonight that in 72 the Penguins traded Rene Robert to Buffalo for Eddie Shack

Man, I had forgotten all about that. Canucks fans don't need me to remind them that they lost Gilbert Perreault to the Sabres on a spin of the wheel. The consolation prize was Dale Tallon.

:behindsofa:

Status
Not open for further replies.