• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Jack is talented but he is kind of of fragile and seems to be vastly overvalued. I don’t feel like there are many teams that would be willing to offer Buffalo anything close to what they say he’s worth.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Jack is talented but he is kind of of fragile and seems to be vastly overvalued. I don’t feel like there are many teams that would be willing to offer Buffalo anything close to what they say he’s worth.

Exactly - I think Jack Eichel is a heck of a player, but if he's out of the lineup half of the time, it makes any kind of trade extremely risky.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly - I think Jack Eichel is a heck of a player, but if he's out of the lineup half of the time, it makes any kind of trade extremely risky.
Yeah, whose fault is that though?

Something needs better explaining here because holy shit.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This relationship appears to be irreparable.
If the Sabres really did hold him back from surgery, probably to keep his trade value up, there needs to be hell to pay.

I'd still take him, but whereas before we'd consider a few of the first rounders and Korpisalo +, now...

Hell nah. Jack's basically saying he will miss a year whenever he does get traded.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any speculation as to where Kuznetsov will end up after this summer?

I love his talent and he was the difference between past teams and the 2018 Cup team, but he hasn't played up to expectations and his off-ice issues have bled onto the ice. Read rumors of a destination in C-bus today.

I think he can be great again somewhere else, but he's either not connecting with Laviolette, needs a change in environment, or both. Will be sad to see him go, but I think that's the reality and best for both sides at this point.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sabres really did hold him back from surgery, probably to keep his trade value up, there needs to be hell to pay.

I'd still take him, but whereas before we'd consider a few of the first rounders and Korpisalo +, now...

Hell nah. Jack's basically saying he will miss a year whenever he does get traded.

Maybe the Flames acquire him knowing that he'll miss a year and then win the draft lottery. A top line of Gaudreau - Eichel - Lindholm looks dynamite on paper.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Flames acquire him knowing that he'll miss a year and then win the draft lottery. A top line of Gaudreau - Eichel - Lindholm looks dynamite on paper.
What I am hearing is you don't have a need for Monahan. :thumb:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Need to buy more popcorn. Sheesh.

Well, he would likely be part of the package to acquire Eichel (and add Tkachuk to that package as well).
Okay, fine. We'll send Korpisalo, Texier and a first to Buffalo then.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jones for Eichel 1 for 1.

This is bound get people spun up, but I think it's just Jones playing his cards close to his chest. He really doesn't want to leave, but another season like this one is not going to galvanize anyone to want to sign/stay here. It's on Jarmo to turn this around. Or make an something of it if Jones wants to leave.

A good offensive system and Jones playing for a contract could be some serious fun.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight, with everything a fucking barn fire already and now knowing that Dolan was pissed off that the rebuild was going slowly, a good GM would've worked something with the Rangers last summer for Eichel and moved on.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. For the Devils the conversation was starting with Jack Hughes or Nico, now? Let's start with Zacha and figure it out from there.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrified for who TSN will put with Gord on Leaf broadcasts now.

:suds:
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.