• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With five suspensions on his record, including seven games in March for boarding the Boston Bruins' Brandon Carlo, Wilson knows Parros and NHL player safety well. He has previously watched film with Parros to better figure out how to play on the edge without crossing the line and doesn't believe Monday's events were out of the ordinary.

I wonder who else Parros has coached on how not to get suspended? If the answer is anything less than "every single member of the NHLPA" the situation begins to smell worse every day.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a crazy thought, but hear me out - Maybe instead of putting former NHL enforcers as the head of player safety, maybe the NHL should try putting guys whose careers were cut short due to questionable hits/head shots in the role. Maybe it's time for guys like Paul Kariya or Marc Savard or Adam Deadmarsh (you know, guys who know what it is like to have suffered concussions due to other players actions) to look out for the best interests of the victims instead of looking out for the perpetrators.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a crazy thought, but hear me out - Maybe instead of putting former NHL enforcers as the head of player safety, maybe the NHL should try putting guys whose careers were cut short due to questionable hits/head shots in the role. Maybe it's time for guys like Paul Kariya or Marc Savard or Adam Deadmarsh (you know, guys who know what it is like to have suffered concussions due to other players actions) to look out for the best interests of the victims instead of looking out for the perpetrators.

Hot take

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno how he does it.
Looks like a 2nd liner for beer league div 5

Some guys are just freaks of nature.

Sir Charles wasn't exactly ripped, but what a basketball player
Kirby Puckett was a heck of a MLB player
Nik Lewis started his CFL career with the Stamps fairly lean, but he was still productive at 250 lbs as a receiver
The Bruins tried to get Espo to lose weight and he did, but he struggled to score at the lower weight. He put the pounds back on and was a goal scoring machine.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
My god, we were lucky to see most of his prime years here.
I saw #1 live.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god, we were lucky to see most of his prime years here.
I saw #1 live.

His hands were insanely quick.

It’s usually Orr or Mario when the “who’s career was most impacted by injury” discussion happens and both are fair but Bure’s surely up near where OV is right now if not for his issues.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or someone who knew both sides of that equation like Lindros.

It's absolutely mind boggling to me that when given the opportunity to sit down with an individual player, a repeat offender and the most well known of those, that the Department of PLAYER SAFETY's response is anything besides "hey, don't hurt people".

Helping someone understand how they can play dangerously and not get punished is insane.

Never mind the fact that the guy who has "learned his lesson" asking how he can still essentially be a dick, just slightly less so AND they accommodate him is... I'm not sure I have the words.

Any player who has had their career damaged by this clown needs to band together and file a class action lawsuit.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aube-Kubel has returned to the game, Wilson has not (1st period done and scoreless).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bennett now has 10 goals on the season. Go Sam Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.