• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck with that. Their only chance is to leave him exposed and hope Seattle won't mind a complete buggering in cap recapture when he retires in 2 years.

OH WAIT, he has a NMC. They have to protect him.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck with that. Their only chance is to leave him exposed and hope Seattle won't mind a complete buggering in cap recapture when he retires in 2 years.

OH WAIT, he has a NMC. They have to protect him.
Good
His contract caused a lockout. Make them suffer.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Oilers OT win that puts the final dagger in the Flames season is a fitting end to this miserable season.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helping someone understand how they can play dangerously and not get punished is insane.

That wasn't at all what that article said. The NHL may not be handing discipline, safety, and fighting as well as they should (agree!), but do you honestly think the NHL is meeting with players to help them legally injure other players? Here's what ithe article literally said...

With five suspensions on his record, including seven games in March for boarding the Boston Bruins' Brandon Carlo, Wilson knows Parros and NHL player safety well. He has previously watched film with Parros to better figure out how to play on the edge without crossing the line and doesn't believe Monday's events were out of the ordinary.

So, this literally says that Parros met with WIlson to help him to learn how to "play on the edge," or play tough/physical, but without "crossing the line," meaning not playing recklessly or risking injury to others.

If any of you are struggling with what words mean, I'm here to help.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roy Boy:
How come you never see any black guys playing hockey?

Kabral:
Now do you think it's easy to just gradually take over every professional sport? Let me tell you something, man. Brothers have started figuring out this ice thing. Hope you enjoyed it!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Leafs would take the North Division at the start of the season, but I thought the other three teams in the playoffs would be the Jets, Flames, and Canucks.
I had Leafs Flames Jets and Habs I think. Might’ve been the Canucks instead of MTL.

I really thought goaltending would save the Flames and sink the Oilers.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought goaltending would save the Flames and sink the Oilers.

So did I - To be fair, it was more a lack of goal scoring than Markstrom's play that sunk the Flames.

/Also, if Sutter had came on board 10 games earlier, I think things would be looking very different today.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did I - To be fair, it was more a lack of goal scoring than Markstrom's play that sunk the Flames.

/Also, if Sutter had came on board 10 games earlier, I think things would be looking very different today.
Geoff Ward was so easily forgettable I had to Google who Sutter replaced.

/or early onset Alzheimer’s, runs in the family

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geoff Ward was so easily forgettable I had to Google who Sutter replaced.

/or early onset Alzheimer’s, runs in the family

Man, aside from cancer research which is curing more and more types of cancers all the time, if science could find a cure for Alzheimer's, that would be outstanding.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, aside from cancer research which is curing more and more types of cancers all the time, if science could find a cure for Alzheimer's, that would be outstanding.

Absolutely, it scares the shit out of me knowing that’s probably what I have to look forward to

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, it scares the shit out of me knowing that’s probably what I have to look forward to
My battle is whether CTE or Alzheimer's is gonna get me first.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And now they're in a really weird spot - if they fire Treliving (and they absolutely should, this is a completely predictable mess he created by keeping Ward to begin with) they need to find a GM who wants to keep Sutter as coach? How many GM's are going to want to do that besides maybe Dean Lombardi?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now they're in a really weird spot - if they fire Treliving (and they absolutely should, this is a completely predictable mess he created by keeping Ward to begin with) they need to find a GM who wants to keep Sutter as coach? How many GM's are going to want to do that besides maybe Dean Lombardi?

I'd be okay with Lombardi - Maybe a spot can open up on Dragon's Den for the current Flames GM.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when the Flyers just publicly stated that they thought Hart needed to go back to a therapist mid-season?

Status
Not open for further replies.