• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m in no way defending or justifying what Buch did. Simply cannot have that in the game.

however, if I’m him (or his advocate at least) I’d be like hey, I tried to let it go. It was Mantha and the Caps that wouldn’t let it go. At the other end of the ice Mantha sorta face palms him and tugs his face shield down, then at this end of the ice Mantha’s the one tracking Buch everywhere, giving him little shots. Once they’re separated, to your earlier point, Buch doesn’t close as much distance as you think since Mantha curls back and is headed for Buch as much as Buch is headed for him. As for being a defenseless player, well clearly Mantha didn’t expect what he got, but wasn’t defenseless in any way. You can see his hands and stick starting to come up as well, that he was going to engage Buch just as much.

That all said, Buchevich needs to sit and sit for a while. But Mantha was no innocent victim in this.
Agreed. It goes beyond just what happened in that game. This is the bed the league made.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. It goes beyond just what happened in that game. This is the bed the league made.
started with DOPeS looking at the schedule and thinking
"yeah, Tom should be in that rematch. I'm sure two days is enough for everyone to cool off.
Last game of the year against the Rangers too - he wouldn't want to miss that one!"

seriously, how stupid was it not to throw one game at him to avoid the rematch.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are saying the matchsticks are great.

/pretty much this. I don’t think I’ve sat and watched a full Leaf game in a month and they were few & far in between. Other teams almost not at all.

And it goes to what Dash said, this is all tied up in officiating and how the game is run. The BS with the refs this year, ultimately exposed in Tim Peel but hardly unnoticed by any average fan over the years, has reached a point where the game isn’t fun. I did get tired of playing Winnipeg every third night. And then the shithousery. Not much else to it.

Im obviously going to turn the tv on if the Leafs start winning playoff rounds but beyond that I’m not really into anything happening in the league. Hopefully a nice underdog like the Pens or the Bruins win the Cup and those long suffering fans get something out of this.

If a picture says a thousand words, I think many of you are feeling like this right now...

5817514a84fce751c08695f7f8e67ca8.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the other end of the ice Mantha sorta face palms him and tugs his face shield down, then at this end of the ice Mantha’s the one tracking Buch everywhere, giving him little shots.

Hard to remember all the cheap stick fouls last night, but I'm pretty sure Mantha did that in response to a nasty slash on the wrists at the other end. Haven't seen too much of Antony yet, but "tough guy" is not a moniker I'd associate with him, especially for a big-framed 6'4" dude.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to remember all the cheap stick fouls last night, but I'm pretty sure Mantha did that in response to a nasty slash on the wrists at the other end. Haven't seen too much of Antony yet, but "tough guy" is not a moniker I'd associate with him, especially for a big-framed 6'4" dude.
yeah, it was a shotshow for sure.

and yeah, having watched him with the Wings, for his size and strength, he's not a guy that is going to throw down much or run guys much. that's not to say he won't if needed, but he's more of one to use that size and strength to generate space for himself rather than punishing opposing players. I think you'll enjoy watching him.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Mr Bettman, you're out of order

I was expecting $100K, but the Rangers knew they were going to get fined when they made that Tweet. And they have deep pockets.

For those thinking Wilson "got off" in this case... he's payed over a million dollars in fines and lost salary due to suspensions for what it's worth.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time I saw New York attacked this badly was by a monster named Godzilla.

Confirmed: Tom Wilson > Godzilla

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting $100K, but the Rangers knew they were going to get fined when they made that Tweet. And they have deep pockets.

For those thinking Wilson "got off" in this case... he's payed over a million dollars in fines and lost salary due to suspensions for what it's worth.
All true but at the same time if my actions cost me 1M I’d consider changing them.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true but at the same time if my actions cost me 1M I’d consider changing them.

Wilson has only had a suspension for the Carlo hit since 2017-2018 when he was peak Tom. And the principle point of contact on the Carlo hit was the shoulder but he had his stick recklessly up. He definitely is better than he used to be on the whole. If you think it's not enough, that's fair. But he has definitely played a cleaner game over the last 2-3 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.