• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all boils down to the fact that Parros thinks Ghost's push from behind was a chickenshit play (and it's tough to argue against that) and something that shouldn't be in hockey (again tough to argue against) versus grappling with somebody who has grabbed you from behind and the bigger, stronger guy taking advantage of the smaller guy which is something Parros is very familiar with. Where the disconnect happens though is once Wilson recognizes it's Panarin, he has to know that he will cause him no harm and just continue wrestling with him. Instead, he decides to slam him violently down to the ice and Panarin's head actually bounces off the ice,.

How that act doesn't receive any additional supplementary discipline is mind boggling to me.

To me, punching Buchnevich while he's laying prone on the ice was also suspension worthy. A player lying face down is not subject to intentional contact, especially with the head.

Add in the fact that it sure looks to me like Wilson grabs Panarin's hair to pull him back before slamming him down and yeah, it's all first rate fuckery if you ask me.

Wilson is a piece of shit.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, punching Buchnevich while he's laying prone on the ice was also suspension worthy. A player lying face down is not subject to intentional contact, especially with the head.

Add in the fact that it sure looks to me like Wilson grabs Panarin's hair to pull him back before slamming him down and yeah, it's all first rate fuckery if you ask me.

Wilson is a piece of shit.
The league did not see any clear evidence of that.

tenor.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How that act doesn't receive any additional supplementary discipline is mind boggling to me.

I wrote a whole thing about it. I'm not saying you or anyone has to agree with it, but it had indented lists and evertyhing. ;) NHL suspensions do not hinge on actions during/surrounding a fight, only in illegal contact during play. There is some logic to it. It's mostly stupid logic, but a structure nonetheless. But that's the how.

Not that I'm a league executive or anything. Look no further into that. What's that over there!!

(runs away)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one look forward to Mark Messier continuing his streak of seven consecutive seasons missing the playoffs once he gets a head coaching gig.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laviolette or however you spell it is a pussy for not starting Wilson - hell, he should be taking the draw.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers really demonstrating a wide array of ways to lose a fight this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.