• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile the lack of a Wilson suspension has given the league carte blanche on bashing heads on the ice. The latest is bitch boy Sid.

At least he's moved on from speed bagging people's junk while they wrestle with someone else.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile the lack of a Wilson suspension has given the league carte blanche on bashing heads on the ice. The latest is bitch boy Sid.

At least he's moved on from speed bagging people's junk while they wrestle with someone else.

Well in the league's defense they determined running heads into stanchions was allowed years ago, so why should the ice be any different?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in the league's defense they determined running heads into stanchions was allowed years ago, so why should the ice be any different?

I mean, this is straight from the league commissioner five years ago...

“The science regarding CTE, including on the asserted ‘link’ to concussions that you reference, remains nascent, particularly with respect to what causes CTE and whether it can be diagnosed by specific clinical symptoms,” Bettman said. “A causal link between concussions and CTE has not been demonstrated” and “the relationship between concussion and the asserted clinical symptoms of CTE remains unknown.”

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Dolan is a thin skinned trust fund brat and it's amazing to watch. I love him so much. Let's celebrate by listening to some JD and the Straight Shot

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
he travelled a fair bit to reach this joke,
but that's suitable for a tom wilson hit as well

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, George Parros be like...

Did he get fined for that?

I did read earlier today something that I had forgotten about. Wilson was fined the same amount as King Henrik was for squirting water on Sid.

/I realize it’s the max under the CBA but still

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taken from a Flames board that I frequent regarding the firing of Davidson and Gorton:

This seems like a great opportunity to blow out our front office.

Let's see how we flub this.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, no Messier.

Can you imagine being Drury driving into the office today? Hoping for a good day. Maybe thinking of where you're gonna grab lunch. Then BAM.
Rumour is that they DISTANCED themselves from the letter. Which pissed off Dolan. LMAO.
Politically, I can see why they might want to distance themselves regardless of whether they agree completely or not. They still have to live within the league and deal with other GMs. To get sacked for it though.... damn.

JD said that the Rangers job was the only one he would leave Columbus for. I sincerely hope he comes back.

It is typical for arsonists to return to watch the fires they set.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
selection-of-fails-14-1.gif

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Can you imagine being Drury driving into the office today? Hoping for a good day. Maybe thinking of where you're gonna grab lunch. Then BAM.
Drury is the man now.
Has a chance to run with a pretty decent situation.

shocking day, but not a bad one.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion this was more egregious than the Tom Wilson business.

I think it all boils down to the fact that Parros thinks Ghost's push from behind was a chickenshit play (and it's tough to argue against that) and something that shouldn't be in hockey (again tough to argue against) versus grappling with somebody who has grabbed you from behind and the bigger, stronger guy taking advantage of the smaller guy which is something Parros is very familiar with. Where the disconnect happens though is once Wilson recognizes it's Panarin, he has to know that he will cause him no harm and just continue wrestling with him. Instead, he decides to slam him violently down to the ice and Panarin's head actually bounces off the ice.

How that act doesn't receive any additional supplementary discipline is mind boggling to me.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all boils down to the fact that Parros thinks Ghost's push from behind was a chickenshit play (and it's tough to argue against that) and something that shouldn't be in hockey (again tough to argue against) versus grappling with somebody who has grabbed you from behind and the bigger, stronger guy taking advantage of the smaller guy which is something Parros is very familiar with. Where the disconnect happens though is once Wilson recognizes it's Panarin, he has to know that he will cause him no harm and just continue wrestling with him. Instead, he decides to slam him violently down to the ice and Panarin's head actually bounces off the ice,.

How that act doesn't receive any additional supplementary discipline is mind boggling to me.
Hard to think otherwise, that Parros' Cro-Magnon beliefs (or someone higher up's beliefs) contributed because to my eye they were both pretty equal in their recklessness and utter disregard for player safety.

There has to be other factors considered that we don't see or hear about.

Status
Not open for further replies.