• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch the lawsuit NHL. Watch the lawsuit!!!!

FlimsyHealthyJunco-max-1mb.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good start would be to keep Edmonton out of the draft lottery lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good start would be to keep Edmonton out of the draft lottery lol

Know what’s worse than the draft lottery? The draft lottery format changing every two years.

Reverse order of finish and be done with it. It’s getting stupid. NFL hasn’t had a problem with that in decades.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know what’s worse than the draft lottery? The draft lottery format changing every two years.

Reverse order of finish and be done with it. It’s getting stupid. NFL hasn’t had a problem with that in decades.

giphy.gif

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better yet, abolish the draft entirely. The cap regulates parity enough and forcing humans to work places against their wills, even for millions, is bad.
Would you eliminate entry level contract limits in this scenario so that teams in less desirable locations/situations can attract some of the good young guys? Otherwise, how do you stop every guy in the top 5 of every draft from just signing in Toronto or Montreal every year?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you eliminate entry level contract limits in this scenario so that teams in less desirable locations/situations can attract some of the good young guys? Otherwise, how do you stop every guy in the top 5 of every draft from just signing in Toronto or Montreal every year?

"Do you want the opportunity to have a career on the 4th line in Montreal or on the 1st line here?"

(and yeah, although you weren't asking me I would eliminate the entry level deals as well)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you guys think it's a chicken and egg scenario though? You wouldn't need the entry level deals if there was no hard cap. Get rid of the hard cap and the entry level deals go away as well.

/Of course, I realize that the hard cap is here to stay.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. That' would be one hell of an open market for GM's to figure out and would be entertaining as hell.

Would have to be some sort of leeway for re-assigning guys to junior or allowing them to remain in Europe etc. for some time before the deal kicks in but they can figure that out in about as much time as it's taken them to figure out the lottery.

"Do you want the opportunity to have a career on the 4th line in Montreal or on the 1st line here?"

(and yeah, although you weren't asking me I would eliminate the entry level deals as well)
Exactly. The cap would still regulate things so teams like Edmonton/Winnipeg/Columbus etc. still get a decent shot at good players. And eventually some GM's going to give the Griffin Reinharts and Michael Dal Colle's of the world big money/term only to see their gambles fail miserably.

The only thing here is veterans usually make the rules when it comes to the CBA as far as players go and they hate shit like this that lowers their own earnings (some union, huh).

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4th liner playing 5 minutes a night, living in Montreal with all the culture and legendary ballet and getting prime trim every night? I might lean Montreal on this one.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th liner playing 5 minutes a night, living in Montreal with all the culture and legendary ballet and getting prime trim every night? I might lean Montreal on this one.

You're not considering how long that career lasts though. 4th liners don't fill that role for a decade like 1st liners do, they get cycled out (especially nowadays).

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not considering how long that career lasts though. 4th liners don't fill that role for a decade like 1st liners do, they get cycled out (especially nowadays).
I actually did - I was thinking as a fourth liner I'd be a journeyman at best anyways so even one season in Montreal would have swayed me.

If I had to chose from any of the Canadian NHL cities, I'd go with Vancouver over Montreal. But that is just because of its proximity to Singapore relatively speaking. And I like dinners at the Teahouse too.

Personally if I was a first liner with talent, I'd look to take said talent to South Beach. Although I believe Tampa, Nashville, Dallas (Fuck them) and Seattle are all in the same boat as far as effective tax rates. But then again I do all things taxes for a living and don't play hockey.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually did - I was thinking as a fourth liner I'd be a journeyman at best anyways so even one season in Montreal would have swayed me.

If I had to chose from any of the Canadian NHL cities, I'd go with Vancouver over Montreal. But that is just because of its proximity to Singapore relatively speaking. And I like dinners at the Teahouse too.

Personally if I was a first liner with talent, I'd look to take said talent to South Beach. Although I believe Tampa, Nashville, Dallas (Fuck them) and Seattle are all in the same boat as far as effective tax rates. But then again I do all things taxes for a living and don't play hockey.
I think if I were 1st line talent I’d be looking at LA. Im a fun and sun kinda guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.