• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why the coaches are jumping on spots already. Surely someone who just made the playoffs will flame out and one more spot at least will become available.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why the coaches are jumping on spots already. Surely someone who just made the playoffs will flame out and one more spot at least will become available.
Plenty of reasons. To start, there were (technically) vacancies in 7 cities to play each other off of at the end of the season.

Objectively there are at best 3 jobs that could open up - CBJ, SJ and Winnipeg. STL and Pittsburgh could but I think Berube did enough during STL's turnaround to secure that job and Rutherford still has a bit of leash for Sullivan and the two Cups they won together. Two of those three teams are heading into off-seasons where the entire makeup of their roster is very likely to change and the other requires you move to Winnipeg.

If the options you're waiting on aren't even that great and you have plenty of options at the moment, why wait?

And of course there's the obvious one - you always take what's on the table. If you wait and the jobs that open up aren't interested in you then what? Wind up working for Eugene Melnyk in Ottawa?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draisaitl was a Rasmus Andersson high stick deflection away from tying for the Rocket Richard Trophy.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wind up working for Eugene Melnyk in Ottawa?

gUozH3K.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was listening last Wednesday to Mike Gillis on "Wednesday's With" on Sekeres and Price and he had nothing but great things to say about AV. The thing that stuck with me is that he got AV to buy into the style of play that Gillis wanted the team to play right from the start.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Q to Florida, if anyone can get the most out of that young team, it's him. All the best to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.