• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are the threads for the consolation brackets?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dammit. I was really hoping he woudl wait until the Jackets lost a first round series again and we fired Torts.

Also hear that McLellan is talking to LA.

GUYS! WAIT!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it looks like McDavid escaped Saturday night avoiding a serious injury which is good news. I guess all those Oilers fans calling for Giordano to be suspended for the playoffs were a bit unhinged.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it looks like McDavid escaped Saturday night avoiding a serious injury which is good news. I guess all those Oilers fans calling for Giordano to be suspended for the playoffs were a bit unhinged.

Lol .. did they really....

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol .. did they really....

Comments from some of the Oilers players were also wondering why Gio did what he did:

RNH:

“I don’t think it’s intentional, but I think Connor has a step and I don’t think it’s necessary for him to try to whack his legs like that,”

It wasn't a whack, Gio was going for the puck and Connor grabbed Gio's stick to ward that off. If you're calling a trip on Gio, you could have called McDavid for holding the stick.

Draisaitl:

“It’s a quick play. He comes in with so much speed. Maybe if you’re beat in the last game of the season maybe pull back a little bit, but again I understand that he wasn’t trying to hurt him.”

Hmmm, maybe you should you leave junior hockey moves back in junior hockey where they belong. Not trying to blame the victim here, but hockey is a dangerous game without the top end speed that McDavid brings to the table.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments from some of the Oilers players were also wondering why Gio did what he did:

RNH:

“I don’t think it’s intentional, but I think Connor has a step and I don’t think it’s necessary for him to try to whack his legs like that,”

It wasn't a whack, Gio was going for the puck and Connor grabbed Gio's stick to ward that off. If you're calling a trip on Gio, you could have called McDavid for holding the stick.

Draisaitl:

“It’s a quick play. He comes in with so much speed. Maybe if you’re beat in the last game of the season maybe pull back a little bit, but again I understand that he wasn’t trying to hurt him.”

Hmmm, maybe you should you leave junior hockey moves back in junior hockey where they belong. Not trying to blame the victim here, but hockey is a dangerous game without the top end speed that McDavid brings to the table.

I saw the play. I didn't think gio did anything wrong. So to appease everyone just suspend him for the Canucks games only next year .. everyone is happy then

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RNH:

Draisaitl:

Let's ask the guy who got hit / hurt:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess yall don't 'miss' him in Calgary as much as I thought when he got away.

JayBo and the Flames just didn't mesh well for a variety of reasons, I think too much pressure was heaped on his shoulders initially as a player who could be a 25+ minute a night guy who would set the tone on a nightly basis. When you have those original expectations and you fail to meet them, the relationship sours quickly. Going to St. Louis was a good move as Pietrangelo is their leader on defense and JayBo is much more at home as a complimentary piece.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JayBo and the Flames just didn't mesh well for a variety of reasons, I think too much pressure was heaped on his shoulders initially as a player who could be a 25+ minute a night guy who would set the tone on a nightly basis. When you have those original expectations and you fail to meet them, the relationship sours quickly. Going to St. Louis was a good move as Pietrangelo is their leader on defense and JayBo is much more at home as a complimentary piece.
Good 'local' 411 … I always liked the guy and I was 'sorry' when he left the Flames.

Looks like it worked out for all in the long and that's a good thang.

Status
Not open for further replies.