• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what happened to him in New Jersey (I know he had some injuries last year), but before he left Washington he was really starting to take off (58 points and a +25 in 2016-2017). Calm and patient with the puck, excellent passer, fairly fast, and strong in the defensive zone.

He's been a center and played both wings, so he's a nice addition for flexibility if there are injuries.

I sure would have been excited to have him back on the Caps, so I think you should be pleased with what he can do. Especially with a stronger forward group around him in Boston.
Pastrnak is out for a couple of weeks with f'd up thumb, but he'll be back in time for the push.

Was just wonderin why/what we're getting with this vet.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool stuff...

The Washington Capitals will have a ceremony before Tuesday’s game as part of their “Hockey is for Everyone” celebrations. Two important figures in Black history will drop the ceremonial puck before the game against the Ottawa Senators.

U.S. Representative John Lewis is a lawmaker and civil rights legend who helped organize the March on Washington where Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech. Lewis will be joined by Willie O’Ree, the first Black player in NHL history and recent inductee into the Hall of Fame.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, that is a nice thing on the part of the Caps.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evander Kane's reaction to no hearing for Chara:

In case you missed it:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll confess that I don't know all of the ins-and-outs of the head contact rule anymore, but looks like a tough one to make a call on.

It looks to me like Chara is lined up to make contact right through the center of the body. He's permitted to make a hit there and the only factor that seems to lead to the head being primary point of contact is the size difference. It doesn't seem like he drives through or targets the head.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll confess that I don't know all of the ins-and-outs of the head contact rule anymore, but looks like a tough one to make a call on.

It looks to me like Chara is lined up to make contact right through the center of the body. He's permitted to make a hit there and the only factor that seems to lead to the head being primary point of contact is the size difference. It doesn't seem like he drives through or targets the head.

I don't even know if the head is the primary point of contact, certainly there is head contact, but I would say upper chest region is what Chara targeted and as you mentioned the head got hit due to the size difference. I mean it certainly doesn't help that Kane is bent over slightly when contact is made.

/I'm not blaming Kane here, hockey is a fast game and hits happen.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know if the head is the primary point of contact, certainly there is head contact, but I would say upper chest region is what Chara targeted and as you mentioned the head got hit due to the size difference. I mean it certainly doesn't help that Kane is bent over slightly when contact is made.

/I'm not blaming Kane here, hockey is a fast game and hits happen.
And even if he's not bent over, Chara's got 7 inches on him. I get that he has to play a little different because of his size, but he's still gotta be able to make the physical play like anyone else.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WillieD getting the Mario Tremblay treatment with Jonathan Quick playing the role of Patty Wah.

FA1Oqfw.gif

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Quick likes the rain. He’ll be calling Seattle a home in a few years, methinks.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my first thought on seeing Quick to after his coach.

My second thought was where does he and up.

It was funny this happened last night as the Habs torched the Wings 8-1 and it was the Wings lambasting the Habs at the old Forum in Montreal that ended up being Roy's last game in a Canadiens uniform.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got tickets to tomorrow nights Stars Kings game. Even though I may be up in the suites, I will still be yelling "you're my boy, Willie!"

Status
Not open for further replies.