• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#NeverForget

Maybe the Habs will sign Bryce Harper. Looks like he'll still be on the market at the end of this hockey season.

bryce-harper-sad-vegas-golden-knights.jpg

#NeverForget

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#NeverForget

Maybe the Habs will sign Bryce Harper. Looks like he'll still be on the market at the end of this hockey season.

#NeverForget

#NeverForget is a catchy hashtag. From now and foreever I will think of the Capitals/Canadiens in 2010 when I see that.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Mittelstadt will still need a couple of years and if they lose Skinner they're back to having a top line hole to fill externally at least until if and when Nylander can break into the team and make an impact.

Dahlin and Risto as a D partnership isn't going to get them far either. They need two solid guys to play with them which isn't easy to come by. They're hoping Guhle can grab one of those spots. Ullmark could be a real goalie too.

They have four 1sts the next two years and there's a chance at least two of those are lottery picks. Obvious value there either by using those themselves or moving them for assets.

Their biggest problem may be that this all spells a good team in 2-3 years and a very good team in 3-4. Eichel's already bitched and gotten an entire management group fired once. How much more losing is he going to tolerate before really setting things on fire?
The still relatively new GM has got a make-or-break two years coming up. Drafting Eichel (by the old GM) and Dahlin were easy. Drafting Reinhart (old guy again) was easy. But when they start drafting in the middle third of the draft, those picks won't be so easy. And that's why GMTM got the can. He did a shit job of filling in around the easy picks.

As you say, the D is in bad shape and the secondary scoring is virtually non-existent. With all these picks coming up he's got to prove that he can draft effectively and fill in the right pieces with a key trade.

Getting Skinner for a bag of beans gets top marks, especially if they can re-sign him. But if E. Kane hadn't somewhat unexpectedly re-signed in SJ, we'd be giving him a big fat F for that one. The return for RoR was meh at best. Thompson is showing good signs and see above re: doing something with those picks.

I'm a little jaded (shocking for a Sabres fan, I know), but I'm less optimistic on the Sabres than I am on Toronto or Colorado.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The still relatively new GM has got a make-or-break two years coming up. Drafting Eichel (by the old GM) and Dahlin were easy. Drafting Reinhart (old guy again) was easy. But when they start drafting in the middle third of the draft, those picks won't be so easy. And that's why GMTM got the can. He did a shit job of filling in around the easy picks.

As you say, the D is in bad shape and the secondary scoring is virtually non-existent. With all these picks coming up he's got to prove that he can draft effectively and fill in the right pieces with a key trade.

Getting Skinner for a bag of beans gets top marks, especially if they can re-sign him. But if E. Kane hadn't somewhat unexpectedly re-signed in SJ, we'd be giving him a big fat F for that one. The return for RoR was meh at best. Thompson is showing good signs and see above re: doing something with those picks.

I'm a little jaded (shocking for a Sabres fan, I know), but I'm less optimistic on the Sabres than I am on Toronto or Colorado.
I still don't think anyone is getting offer sheeted but if anyone does, my money is it's the Sabres doing the offer sheeting.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Savard, Milano and Gabe Carlsson for Ullmark and Skinner.

I still don't think anyone is getting offer sheeted but if anyone does, my money is it's the Sabres doing the offer sheeting.

STAY AWAY FROM WERENSKI AND MURRAY

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his 4 points last night, Nikita Kucherov is currently at a PPG for his career. 422 (172g/250A) in 422 GP.

pretty damn impressive actually.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers need to clear cap space with Sekera ready to return, so speculation is Talbot will be traded to the Flyers for Brian Elliott.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
So who are the teams of the 2020s?

homer yes, but i can't remember ever being this excited about the next wave of Canucks youth.
Sutter is a foundation piece, and....

but seriously,
Petterson is already a game changer,
can't wait to see Q Hughes
Boeser, Horvat, Virtanen, Gaudette, Goldobin are all younger than 24

that's a real nice core.
maybe Demko will even recover from being thrown to the sharks

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
homer yes, but i can't remember ever being this excited about the next wave of Canucks youth.
Sutter is a foundation piece, and....

but seriously,
Petterson is already a game changer,
can't wait to see Q Hughes
Boeser, Horvat, Virtanen, Gaudette, Goldobin are all younger than 24

that's a real nice core.
maybe Demko will even recover from being thrown to the sharks

DiPietro?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just said De Zotto played over 8 minutes in the first and the Canucks don't have any goals to show for it? Unpossible.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Note to Ducks - start all rookie goalies against Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.