• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa is home and cooled as far the division is concerned, but man things certainly are tightening up in the Atlantic division.

atlantic division.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Murray I probably take that and run. I like Montour but the that's a pretty penny to pay just to get rid of Zaitsev ($4.5M is not that burdensome these days).

Also looking at the Leafs roster...holy hell they're doing well for a team that has a RD corps that could rival Ottawa's in terms of shittiness.
TBH I thought it was pretty good for the Ducks too but Dash made me feel bad lol.

/This is why I don't care about any kind of overpayment. What's the point of everything else if all a team has to do is skate down your right side to get in on goal? At this point, overpaying is fine so long as it's for the right piece. A chance like this may not come again for a long time.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/This is why I don't care about any kind of overpayment. What's the point of everything else if all a team has to do is skate down your right side to get in on goal? At this point, overpaying is fine so long as it's for the right piece. A chance like this may not come again for a long time.

Let's talk David Savard then.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH I thought it was pretty good for the Ducks too but Dash made me feel bad lol.

Replace Kapanen with Johnsson and it looks a lot better to me.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn is all kinds of bad though. Not sure why the Nucks would want that.

I dont think canucks wanted Chien ... they got a pick for DJ MDZ so thats a win ... probably Murray needed them to take a pro contract ... Chien is going straight to Utica ... he makes 800K and DelZawful is making 3 shmill :noidea:

And back to DelZawful ... obviously you havent seen him play lately ... oh wait ... thats because HE CANT CRACK THE CANUCKS STACK(ed full of dogshit) D LINEUP AND HES BEEN A HEALTHY SCRATCH FOR ALL BUT 1 GAME SINCE DECEMBER 4TH

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way this anecdote ... :pound:

Sutter (THE FOUNDATION) wanted to hear more country music in the dressing room but DJ MDZ told him "no way ... this is the only thing Im good at" lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replace Kapanen with Johnsson and it looks a lot better to me.
I don't think the Leafs can keep Kapanen long-term. I think they can sign Johnsson to a mid-term deal for decent money. That has to be a consideration.

If we're convincing someone to take Zaitsev's contract as well, it's even more worth it as it even opens up the possibility of the Leafs adding on D in the UFA market this summer (or even keeping Gardiner around).

only after Leafs trade Gardiner for Gubberson :thumb:
Take Marleau and we're good.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap contract for crap contract - kind of boring.

It's more fun when crap GM's make moves (looking specifically at a few teams in the Pacific division).

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's more fun when crap GM's make moves (looking specifically at a few teams in the Pacific division).

there-are-two-rasks.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets talk hockeyy.

Every time I think the Habs are finished they play well for a spell. They are hanging around a lot longer than I expected....probably hurting the rebuild in the process, but its never fun to lose.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nino can play at least though. This seems like an easy win for the Canes.

Status
Not open for further replies.