• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings have given up two shortys tonight. :mad2:
Time to blow this shitty team up. :gaah:

Holland has to move some guys, even for nothing, make them understand play or you're gone!!!

I'll take Dylan Larkin. Thanks.

Was a little confused by the choice of teams until I realized; Karlsson... Landeskog. Now I get it.

I hope games in Europe becomes a thing. Jackets will volunteer for Denmark (and I will volunteer to drive the team bus once they get there)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was just the dumbest idea ever and now they have to fire a good coach who led their team back to respectability for absolutely no reason other than they created a mess.

St. Louis Blues = butt organisation.

Turn the clock back a few years and the exact same holds true for the last team that fired him.

Wasn't he going to retire this year anyway? Pretty fucking callous if he was a few months from being done.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turn the clock back a few years and the exact same holds true for the last team that fired him.

Wasn't he going to retire this year anyway? Pretty fucking callous if he was a few months from being done.
I believe that was the idea. Just all-around stupid.

The chain reaction with the assistants leaving (to Columbus and Montreal, two of the best teams in the league right now btw) and the Shattenkirk trade rumours that have been persistent since the draft probably haven't helped things there either.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two teams that very few people will realize and/or care played a game that night?

Gunsandbeer is that you?

I guess they could have gone for the YUUUGE name recognition of the Capitals but decided against it.

Maybe, just maybe it's because two of the most popular Swedish players play for those teams. `

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gunsandbeer is that you?

I guess they could have gone for the YUUUGE name recognition of the Capitals but decided against it.

Maybe, just maybe it's because two of the most popular Swedish players play for those teams. `

The City of Ottawa doesn't even want to watch the Senators play, which is why they are 45 minutes out of town...

The Capitals are a far bigger "name recognition" team than the current Avalanche or Senators.

There's a reason the NFL sends the Jaguars to London every year...

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The City of Ottawa doesn't even want to watch the Senators play, which is why they are 45 minutes out of town...

The Capitals are a far bigger "name recognition" team than the current Avalanche or Senators.

There's a reason the NFL sends the Jaguars to London every year...

Ohh an arena joke. Good one. If you think people in Sweden care more about the Capitals than your average team you're an idiot.

If we were talking Russia, then your point would be valid. As it is it's just more bullshit.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was just the dumbest idea ever and now they have to fire a good coach who led their team back to respectability for absolutely no reason other than they created a mess.

St. Louis Blues = butt organisation.

I remember thinking how silly this whole thing was. I think Mike Yeo is a solid coach but why bring back Hitch for this season? The players know he's a lame duck, his assistants know he's a lame duck. It's a clusterfuck waiting to happen. And now it's happened.

Idiots.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh an arena joke. Good one. If you think people in Sweden care more about the Capitals than your average team you're an idiot.

If we were talking Russia, then your point would be valid. As it is it's just more bullshit.

Yes...because Gabriel Landeskog is a bigger name in Sweden than Nicklas Backstrom...and I'm the idiot...

And then Burakovsky....

And then Johansson...

And then probably the most marketed player in the last 20 years...

But yea, I'm the idiot...

Last edited:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...because Gabriel Landeskog is a bigger name in Sweden than Nicklas Backstrom...and I'm the idiot...

And then Burakovsky....

And then Johansson...

He's the face of that franchise. Get it?

It's two teams led by Swedish players. They could have gone with Detroit and Vancouver but I'm guessing they wanted to promote the young Swedish captains. I wouldn't have thought that it's that hard to grasp but here we are.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the face of that franchise. Get it?

It's two teams led by Swedish players. They could have gone with Detroit and Vancouver but I'm guessing they wanted to promote the young Swedish captains. I wouldn't have thought that it's that hard to grasp but here we are.

So salty.

And backed up with elementary level evidence.

Because remember, the NHL ALWAYS makes the smartest decisions. Marketing "Young Swedish Captains" in a country that already knows of the players. lol.

HEY SWEDEN, LOOK AT THESE GUYS! THEY LOOK LIKE YOU!...oh, you know them? Well...

Detroit, Vancouver and New York are by far the three most popular teams in Sweden. Harder to convince teams with 100.1, 100 and 97.4% attendance to hand over a game when you've got 84.5% Ottawa and 83.8% Colorado, hanging out in the bottom of the league...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitch got Yatesed.

Edit: So did Corsi.

Corsi was also a stupid mistake. And to make it worse, Marty Brodeur and Ty Conklin will be goalie coaches.

Corsi, please. Come to Columbus. I hope Jarmo and JD have already made the call. I've read Corsi's book and he is awesome.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So salty.

And backed up with elementary level evidence.

Because remember, the NHL ALWAYS makes the smartest decisions. Marketing "Young Swedish Captains" in a country that already knows of the players. lol.

HEY SWEDEN, LOOK AT THESE GUYS! THEY LOOK LIKE YOU!...oh, you know them? Well...

Detroit, Vancouver and New York are by far the three most popular teams in Sweden. Harder to convince teams with 100.1, 100 and 97.4% attendance to hand over a game when you've got 84.5% Ottawa and 83.8% Colorado, hanging out in the bottom of the league...

LOL and you think that Ottawa's cheap owner wants to "hand over" a game. These teams are making money off of this.

So you say it's a bad idea to market Karlsson and Landeskog because they're already known in Sweden; yet you then go on to list the most popular teams among Swedish fans? So they should go over there and play so Swedes can see the Sedins, Lundqvist or Zetterberg? They already know those guys too!! But even morer!! HAHAHA even more stupider. LOL.

LUUULZ. What a dumb idea!!!

The point that I've made is that the teams were obviously picked from a short list that had Swedish stars as their captain.

The point that you're making is.....???

Status
Not open for further replies.