• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm gonna put the chances of Paul Maurice getting the sack before the ASG at 75%.

so close
scanners-explosion-o.gif

that was some beer-league defense right there.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have they changed the rule that when you're hooked from behind facing an empty net that a goal is not awarded or is it just incompetent officiating again?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have they changed the rule that when you're hooked from behind facing an empty net that a goal is not awarded or is it just incompetent officiating again?
Game management until the final buzzer dash. That's a full 60 minute effort from the zebras tonight.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you definitely have five of the six with Chara being the only questionable one - Lots of chatter that Toews will be one of the six, other names mentioned include Carey Price and Evgeni Malkin.

Was thinking about it more last night. Maybe the sixth is Hossa?

Durable and consistent. 3 cups. over 1000 points.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From Kukla's Korner...

I am going to address the blog post from last night at The Puck Stops Here, which has been removed.

The title of the post was 'NHL Promoting Black Players With All-Star Selections' and it went downhill from there.

First off, the author of The Puck Stops Here will no longer be allowed to write again for KK.

I take full responsibility for it being allowed online and I am sorry for that. He has been writing for quite some time and I have no idea why he decided to write what he did, but he did.

It does not reflect my beliefs and I was disgusted with the topic itself. I see hockey players in one way only, they are players. Race, gender, etc. do not come into play in my mind, just hockey.

Now to address some things in bullet form:

- KK stands for Kukla's Korner, my last name is Kukla.

- I will not repost the blog, I am sure people have taken screen shots of it and I have no problem of KK Members pointing to those.

- Twitter went off the charts last night, mostly fair and deserved comments, others not so much but I can understand why they were made.

- I would have caught the post in question a little earlier but was dealing with a sore throat and decided to get some rest. Ovechkin got his 1000th point early in the night so I was able to get that posted, then chill.

- Many of you now have had your requests met, TPSH is no longer on KK.

-I do not delete posts, but this time I had too. I am still shaking my head, trying to wrap my mind around what TPSH was trying to accomplish.

-Thanks to those who had my back, it was needed and appreciated.

-Time to move on.

If you can indulge me with a cool story bro moment, I actually exchanged e-mails with Paul Kukla several years ago regarding my concerns with 'The Puck Stops Here" writing style (and I'm using the word style loosely here) as I used to visit that site quite a bit. I'm 99% sure the main reason he kept him as part of the writing staff was he was very good at generating web hits. The funny thing is I believe Paul and "The Puck Stops Here" had a falling out a while back and he didn't write any articles for several months, but I'm sure web hits (and revenue for Kukla's Korner) went down and he brought him back.

I think Paul Kukla is a pretty good guy and an avid hockey fan and I feel bad that his name has been linked to this unfortunate incident.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tinfoil3:

Chicago asked the league to get Toews in the All Star game instead of Panarin to save bonus cushion cap space.

:thumb:

I saw this the other day ... the league went and asked gms who they wanted to represent the teams at the asg

Bo Horvat said this in the cesspool on Tuesday when asked how he got selected

so yah ... hawks probably were allowed to save the cap room/screw Panera bread out of the bonus

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody @petbugs13
@gray_karamsas Bo Horvat said that Benning called him to say NHL had asked him (Benning) on which Canuck should go to All Star Game

I hope Benning's response was "I'm not sure if I can talk about players on my team"

:D

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Paul Kukla is a pretty good guy and an avid hockey fan and I feel bad that his name has been linked to this unfortunate incident.

yah i saw alot of people going after Kukla which was unfortunate (redesigning the logo to add an additional K - lol) considering he didnt write the post but i guess this is what he gets for keeping the idiot on board

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody @petbugs13
@gray_karamsas Bo Horvat said that Benning called him to say NHL had asked him (Benning) on which Canuck should go to All Star Game

I hope Benning's response was "I'm not sure if I can talk about players on my team"

:D

probably ... but first he was confused and asked "who-vat?"

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulled from another site:

So let me get this straight: The post in question wasn’t written by Kukla, but rather, someone from Kukla’s Clan?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i saw alot of people going after Kukla which was unfortunate (redesigning the logo to add an additional K - lol) considering he didnt write the post but i guess this is what he gets for keeping the idiot on board

Yup, one more example of a take from the mind of TPSH (although there are many to choose from).

The Puck Stops Here - Kukla's Korner

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Toews and all but he shouldn't be 1 of the top 100 players all time in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.