• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hazel Mae spotted at the Leafs dressing room at the ACC

/poonerman likes this

because she saw shirtless Auston or she saw the words cock and glory hole

/ DAMN YOU POONERMAN~!!!!!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about Mac, he is a great teammate. Never once bitched about the split load and (at least according to the guys at the practice rink) he'd stay as long as anyone wanted to work on anything on the ice. He would come in and skate with injured guys too. Let them take shots until they were satisfied.

He's capable. But the issue here was he is as close to a stand up goalie as there is in the league right now. He is all positioning and angles, waiting for the play to come to him. And he was just too far away from what Bob is like (hybrid style, very aggressive). Seems the front office saw that they have to play too differently when he is in, or that the flow style the Jackets are playing exposes Mac's weaknesses.

Plus they have two solid kids who are much closer to Bob's style that deserve their shot. He was odd man out.
He's gonna get games, that's for sure. Andersen is on pace for 70 starts right now. That can't happen.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna get games, that's for sure. Andersen is on pace for 70 starts right now. That can't happen.

That was exactly the situation here (maybe not 70, exactly but Bob was due for a lot). And the team decided he wasn't the guy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was exactly the situation here (maybe not 70, exactly but Bob was due for a lot). And the team decided he wasn't the guy.
Yeah but Joonas/Forsberg > Jhonas/Bibeau. Plus the Jackets need to build some trade value for Joonas if they don't wish to lose him for nothing.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related Dreger note, he says it's highly unlikely that the Leafs will trade Nylander.

/Pack your bags, William.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to look at this from a brighter side - he won 2 games for the moribund Jackets last season. That's more wins than the Leafs have from goalies not named Andersen so far this season.

On the flip, yikes.

If I'm Karri Ramo and it appears that the Tabasco Kid has beaten me out for a backup goalie spot, it might be time for me to consider what I'm going to do for the rest of my life.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curtis Sanford >> Curtis McElhinney >= Curtis Joseph

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Karri Ramo and it appears that the Tabasco Kid has beaten me out for a backup goalie spot, it might be time for me to consider what I'm going to do for the rest of my life.
Ramo had more knee surgery last month, but he wasn't good during his stint with the Marlies (maybe because of that injury).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramo had more knee surgery last month, but he wasn't good during his stint with the Marlies (maybe because of that injury).

Oops, I missed that little nugget of info.

/Jay Feaster once said of Karri Ramo that he was the best goalie not in the NHL, I guess that still holds true.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of surprised Hartman, Panik, Anisimov and Breadman didn't make it for the Central. We need expanded rosters I think.

Getting scrubs like Toews off would be a start

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who does everyone think is the best goalie on that list? I think its clearly Cam Ward. He is one of the better goalies in the NHL.

Reminds me of the opening of Major League, comeds.

Rachel Phelps: Here's a list of the players we'll be inviting to camp.
Indians scout: I never heard of half of these guys, and the ones I do know are way past their prime.
Charlie Donovan: Most of these guys never had a prime.
Rachel Phelps: The facts are, we lost our two best players to free agency. We haven't won a pennant in over 35 years. We haven't placed higher than fourth in the last 15. Obviously, it's time for some changes.
Indians scout: This guy here is dead.
Rachel Phelps: Cross him off, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.