• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell ya Nicky Fallini was born on the wrong side of the river! There's no way a good Ontarya boy flinches like a baby and that's all I got to say about THAT!

hockey-free-night-in-canada-don-cherry-coaches-corner-720601.jpg

His daddy, Mikey Fallini - great Leaf I tell ya, he would never 'ave stood for that.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since dash is preoccupied, I'll kindly advise that Edmonton is now 2-0-0 since Kris Russell returned and are 9-3-1 overall with him in the lineup and 2-5-0 with him out of it.

Advanced stats say he's junk, but I think the only mistake Kris Russell and his agent made were overplaying the market in free agency this past summer. I would have liked to bring him back to Calgary, but the Flames cap crunch made it a tough if not impossible task. I'm still a Kris Russell fan, it's just too bad he ended up in Edmonton.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Advanced stats say he's junk, but I think the only mistake Kris Russell and his agent made were overplaying the market in free agency this past summer. I would have liked to bring him back to Calgary, but the Flames cap crunch made it a tough if not impossible task. I'm still a Kris Russell fan, it's just too bad he ended up in Edmonton.

I would love to have Kris back. And I've said it from the second that Hitch grabbed him away from us.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Trotz whining about that. It's sort of human reaction that anything that gets within two inches of your face, even if it doesn't touch you, will cause you to flinch.

Yep. And if it actually touches my face, don't think I'm embellishing if I suddenly jerk my head away quickly. I'm not trying to get a call, I'm trying to get important shit like my eyes and my teeth far away from your stick blade before it does some real damage.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, wut? MAF is not high-end talent?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way he's playing so far this season I doubt the Sens will expose Dzingel.

At forward they'll protect: Ryan, Stone, Turris, Brassard, Hoffman, Pageau and Dzingel. Players of note left exposed include MacArthur and Lazar

On D: Phaneuf, Karlsson and Ceci (most likely). Exposed will be Methot and Wideman (who has been quietly playing quite well). Honestly Wideman might be the smart pick for LV. Cheap and his game seems to be developing nicely. On a shit team like the Knights are sure to be he could man a spot on the PP.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... that's one of the things that's wrong with this picture. MAF has a NMC. SO how is Button picking him right now?
They keep doing this thing where it's assumed Fleury's going to waive his NMC so he can play out the remainder of his prime on an expansion franchise. It's really weird because it makes literally no sense whatsoever.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep doing this thing where it's assumed Fleury's going to waive his NMC so he can play out the remainder of his prime on an expansion franchise. It's really weird because it makes literally no sense whatsoever.

I know... but why on earth are media types like Craig Buttfoon making this assumption. If I'm MAF I play hardball and make them trade me to a team with at least some prospects of being competitive (see Calgary).

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know... but why on earth are media types like Craig Buttfoon making this assumption. If I'm MAF I play hardball and make them trade me to a team with at least some prospects of being competitive (see Calgary).

Not to repeat myself, but...

atqljl.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I mean, TSN and SN both have done mocks this week (man, it's November and they're already out of shit to talk about) and both involved Fleury. I don't get it. Why not other guys that teams would want to expose but can't as of today? Where Bieksa at? How about Detroit maybe exposing Zetterberg and Kronwall?

Status
Not open for further replies.