• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but it seems like one of those two things has to be true. Regardless of who is paying, how can cost go up by 15% without it being a cost overrun?

You can't ignore who is paying, that detail explains the wording in the first place. "Good enough for government work".

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Mikey Caesar wants, Mikey Caesar gets.

His team's gonna be "we just drafted Yzerman" levels of bad by the time it opens. What could go wrong?

Wake up little snoozy, they've got young Crosby!!

YC>>>>>>OV

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBCSN picks up the Nov. 29 tilt between Leafs and Oilers.

/I think they would've gotten more attention had they picked up the Leafs's Dec. 3 game vs. Vancouver.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Devils still own his rights?

At this point, I don't even know. I believe they do but the whole thing is so convoluted and there are so many loopholes that I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I don't even know. I believe they do but the whole thing is so convoluted and there are so many loopholes that I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure.

What a mess that whole thing was. But imagine if he was still under their control, that would help that team out greatly either by helping the offense (too bad him and Hall are both Left Wings) but could built two strong lines. Or use as a major trade chip to get a top line center.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's written in the article you posted lol:

Though a possible Kovalchuk return might be a little more complicated. If he wanted to come back this upcoming offseason, all 30 NHL teams (possibly 31, with the Las Vegas expansion) would have to sign off on his return. The Devils still hold his rights, but he could be placed through waivers upon reinstatement.

If he waits until he turns 35, however, Kovalcyuk's name will come off the voluntary retirement list and he'll be allowed to return as an unrestricted free agent.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's written in the article you posted lol:

Though a possible Kovalchuk return might be a little more complicated. If he wanted to come back this upcoming offseason, all 30 NHL teams (possibly 31, with the Las Vegas expansion) would have to sign off on his return. The Devils still hold his rights, but he could be placed through waivers upon reinstatement.

If he waits until he turns 35, however, Kovalcyuk's name will come off the voluntary retirement list and he'll be allowed to return as an unrestricted free agent.

That's what I get for being a lazy reader.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I also recall reading about a loophole where he's technically a retired player, and retired players can change their mind after a year of retirement and come back as though nothing happened. Could be completely wrong about that.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to see that about Bickell. My thoughts are with him at this time.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MS is a fucker of a disease. Hope he has a form of it that is largely manageable and allows him to live his life to its fullest.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy birthday to Chris Kelly (36)! I'm glad to have him back on the Sens and he's been a good 4th line C for us.

More importantly for me he's a guy I will always admire. Some good friends of mine had a child who was diagnosed with cancer and Chris Kelly, Chris Neil and Chris Phillips came to see her in the early days to cheer her up. That was about 6 years ago. She died last year. Chris Kelly, even after being traded, flew around to cheer her up (he was her favourite) in all the places she went for treatment. He did it on his own dime.

Happy birthday to one of the good ones. Even when he was playing for the Bruins :puke: I couldn't cheer against him.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy birthday to Chris Kelly (36)! I'm glad to have him back on the Sens and he's been a good 4th line C for us.

More importantly for me he's a guy I will always admire. Some good friends of mine had a child who was diagnosed with cancer and Chris Kelly, Chris Neil and Chris Phillips came to see her in the early days to cheer her up. That was about 6 years ago. She died last year. Chris Kelly, even after being traded, flew around to cheer her up (he was her favourite) in all the places she went for treatment. He did it on his own dime.

Happy birthday to one of the good ones. Even when he was playing for the Bruins :puke: I couldn't cheer against him.

Thanks for sharing.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to my first game at The Ralph in UND and holy shit, if you are ever in the Upper Midwest for any reason make it a priority to check out a game there. I have no vesting interest in North Dakota hockey, but that arena is a fucking palace. The production and environment was better than I've ever witnessed at a hockey game. Literally the best place I've ever seen a sporting event at any level.

Tying it back to NHL talk..Sorry Nucks fans, but I've never understood the hype with Brock Boeser. The guy floats worse than Ovechkin. He basically set up a camp at the opponents blue line waiting for passes all night. Tyson Jost was much more impressive all night and he's only a freshman.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to my first game at The Ralph in UND and holy shit, if you are ever in the Upper Midwest for any reason make it a priority to check out a game there. I have no vesting interest in North Dakota hockey, but that arena is a fucking palace. The production and environment was better than I've ever witnessed at a hockey game. Literally the best place I've ever seen a sporting event at any level.

Tying it back to NHL talk..Sorry Nucks fans, but I've never understood the hype with Brock Boeser. The guy floats worse than Ovechkin. He basically set up a camp at the opponents blue line waiting for passes all night. Tyson Jost was much more impressive all night and he's only a freshman.

We have been so barebones for any exciting prospect we match on to any hype we can get lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.