• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-a-degenerative-back-condition-212203156.html

dammit.

I mean, it's not like I got used to seeing him and will miss him in the lineup. But Jesus, that contract is... Ouch.

Seems like they are trying to fix it, but I wonder when they will make the decision to Pronger him.

We'll see if he can bounce back...but "degenerative" pretty much seals his fate as far as being as effective as he once was. Options on the table are really more for pain control than for healing. Really isn't a solution to the problem, just a way to take care of the symptoms for a time.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if concussions can lead to conditions like Horton's? Really shitty news for him/C-bus.

I wouldn't think concussions led to it directly, but the style of play that gets you concussions also takes a toll on the rest of the body.

I hope he gets better, and I hope he makes the right choice for him. Don't be stupid and try to play through it. You have a life to consider after hockey.

And the Jackets have a few tradeable assets to acquire what they were hoping to get from Horton...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh ... just pick a new team ... or watch one of your nfl teams ... the cowboys ... the patriots , the jets , the dolphins etc etc etc

:sly:

No, I'll stick with Montreal for now.

I do know I'll be cherry picking games more than before.

Like last night. No need to waste time watching pre-sesaon Cal-Van. I'd rather have teeth pulled with pliers.

But I did enjoy watching Redskins get routed.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One channel was showing the Leafs home game in the Toronto region, another was showing the Sens home game to 20 people, and the other was showing the Jets home game in the Winnipeg region.

SN did do the same thing with Oilers and Flames (and maybe more but I can't recall right now) games, but TSN used to have a separate channel that only activated in those locals when games were on. I guess now it's using SN's old strategy.

Presumably though the only thing any of us might want to see on those channels would be the hockey, because all the rest is the same.

So the big SportsHoopla over adding 3 new channels was a complete waste of time.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Presumably though the only thing any of us might want to see on those channels would be the hockey, because all the rest is the same.

So the big SportsHoopla over adding 3 new channels was a complete waste of time.

I could've told you that to begin with. Two channels is more than enough for any sports network, especially when Rogers owns the City networks too and can broadcast nationally on that useless channel as well. Why the hell is there SN1, SN360, SNDogshownetwork...?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about that, it was pretty cool to choose the match you wanted to watch at the recent US Open tennis tournament as at times there was 3 different matches being aired over the 5 TSN feeds,

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that, it was pretty cool to choose the match you wanted to watch at the recent US Open tennis tournament as at times there was 3 different matches being aired over the 5 TSN feeds,

If you had the tree new feeds.

Which I did not.

And you wouldn't have either if you didn't spend your work week in V Town.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had the tree new feeds.

Which I did not.

And you wouldn't have either if you didn't spend your work week in V Town.

True, although I think that's because Shaw TV dropped the ball and shafted island viewers with the rollout of the new TSN feeds.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the ending (lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL.com - Penguins' Bennett helped off ice at practice - 2014-2015 Season Preview

A potato chip is less fragile than Beau Bennett. It is a shame if this is bad since he was looking good and could have a top 6 role along side Crosby and/or Malkin.

I'd put money on it being ACL. Good money. Non-contact injury, players saying he caught a rut in the ice (WHICH THEY NEED TO FIX), went down. Apparently the reason CEC ice is so bad is because they can't keep it as cold due to their Gold certified green building. :L

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put money on it being ACL. Good money. Non-contact injury, players saying he caught a rut in the ice (WHICH THEY NEED TO FIX), went down. Apparently the reason CEC ice is so bad is because they can't keep it as cold due to their Gold certified green building. :L

BS, I work in a LEED certified Platinum building and it's freezing in here most of the time.

I've ran Zamboni in my life; if you want good ice and no ruts, you send the figure skaters to the practice rinks...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That stinks he can't catch a break for the life of him.

Wonder if these means the arrival of Oscar Sundqvist who has looked very good.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a LEED associate, I can certify that is 100% not the reason the ice is bad.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am by no means an expert but I thought humidity was a major factor? And with the CEC they put in a state of the art humidity control system in there to help the ice out? If that is the case then whoever is supposed to be managing that isn't doing a good job.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that case...they need to figure it out. Whatever it takes. Because it's been an issue since day one.

I am by no means an expert but I thought humidity was a major factor? And with the CEC they put in a state of the art humidity control system in there to help the ice out? If that is the case then whoever is supposed to be managing that isn't doing a good job.

This would be my culprit. Either the mechanical engineer or contractor fucked up their design or implementation of the system, or the system chosen was not capable of handling a building of that size (which would still be an engineering fuckup). In which case, somebody should be getting sued because that would cost a fucking fortune to correct/replace.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During Ted Nolan’s first stint with the Buffalo Sabres all his team did was fight. This time around he’s actively discouraging his players from doing it.

In the eyes of the 56-year-old coach, the game has changed to the point where there simply isn’t much room for fisticuffs. While he can tolerate one of his players occasionally defending a teammate, he has absolutely no time for pre-arranged or staged fights.

“People are always questioning whether I’ve softened,” Nolan said before Friday’s pre-season game against Toronto. “I’ve never softened. I don’t like bullies, I’ve never liked bullies and I don’t think there’s a place for them. And sometimes when bullies are out there you have to defend yourself; that’s what happened in the past (but) they’re not as relevant now.”

Nolan not big on fighting - Kessel leaves ax at home

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Bennett stuff isn't as bad as originally thought. So that's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.