• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm legitimately shocked. I'm happy, but I'm shocked. I didn't even think he'd get a hearing.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...giant piece of shit. Sid isn't engaging at all, this pisses him off, so crosscheck to the neck, break stick on him while down, stand demeaningly over top of him in pain. Only thing missing was him spitting on him, basically.

Meh. IMO, there was not much force to that crosscheck. Not much there really other than stupidity on Dubinsky`s part.

I don`t see a real intent to injure. My 40-year-old, slightly outta shape ass could injure Sid way more severely than that. :heh:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm legitimately shocked. I'm happy, but I'm shocked. I didn't even think he'd get a hearing.

Of course there will be a hearing. He hit a star or a player on a star team. If it was the other way around Player Safety would be whistling and plugging their ears. See Mark Stone on Ferraro v. Zetterberg on Pageau.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. IMO, there was not much force to that crosscheck. Not much there really other than stupidity on Dubinsky`s part.

I don`t see a real intent to injure. My 40-year-old, slightly outta shape ass could injure Sid way more severely than that. :heh:
It broke his stick.
Of course there will be a hearing. He hit a star or a player on a star team. If it was the other way around Player Safety would be whistling and plugging their ears. See Mark Stone on Ferraro v. Zetterberg on Pageau.
Sid has been cheapshotted multiple times in his career...first time a hearing has even happened, let alone a suspension. The NHL doesn't protect any of their players, stars included. Compare this to other leagues...if the face of another league has that happen they'd be hung on a cross.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It broke his stick.

Sid has been cheapshotted multiple times in his career...first time a hearing has even happened, let alone a suspension. The NHL doesn't protect any of their players, stars included. Compare this to other leagues...if the face of another league has that happen they'd be hung on a cross.
I'm not a fan of the penalty being greater because of who was cross checked. If it's a penalty or suspension then it should be the same if it's done to Sid or if it's done to up and comer Bud Holloway.

Same in the Nfl. Some qbs get looked at ànd its a penalty. Other 'lesser' qbs or backups can take beatings without flags. That's garbage.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the penalty being greater because of who was cross checked. If it's a penalty or suspension then it should be the same if it's done to Sid or if it's done to up and comer Bud Holloway.

Same in the Nfl. Some qbs get looked at ànd its a penalty. Other 'lesser' qbs or backups can take beatings without flags. That's garbage.

I'm not disagreeing at all, I'm using it to make a point: NHL doesn't protect any of its players, and I don't know why many are reacting to Dubinsky getting a hearing being that it's just because it's Sid (referring to general reaction, not board reaction). However, my complaint with the NHL is that because they're awful at this, they enable one group (physical players) while putting the other at a disadvantage (skilled). It's the only league where that happens. In the NFL Brady is allowed to succeed because they generally protect QBs (with bias), Lebron and Curry succeed because the NBA promotes and enables skilled offense, Mike Trout isn't routinely thrown at. It's partially players not respecting each other and partially the league preferring old school thuggish crap to talent. Talented players in the NHL have seemed to always garner excess criticism while pieces of junk get praised. That annoys me.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't feel as if you were advocating stiffer penalties when things are done, I just get annoyed by that.

Beatings Without Flags sounds like an enemy organization of Doctors Without Borders.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the inconsistency (Beleskey hit on Stepan deemed okay by the league while the Dubinsky cross-check to Sid's neck/head warrants a hearing). In my opinion, both are not hockey plays and I for one am tired of seeing talented players careers cut short or dramatically impacted by needless/careless actions of others.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the inconsistency (Beleskey hit on Stepan deemed okay by the league while the Dubinsky cross-check to Sid's neck/head warrants a hearing). In my opinion, both are not hockey plays and I for one am tired of seeing talented players careers cut short or dramatically impacted by needless/careless actions of others.

Sid is three years younger than Mario was when he originally retired. I was blown away by that recently. Gah. Dubinsky got one game because it wasn't seen as overtly violent...I'm very confused by the NHLs definition of violent. They also took lack of injury into account. I loathe that. When did Patrick Burke take over, btw? And why is he qualified? Honestly, this all seems to stem back to when the owners stepped in and told Shanny he was being too harsh. Shanny had a great opportunity to really nip this crap in the bud, and tried...then they neutered him. And we're back at square one.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is the Stepan/Belesky hit not worse than this. That hit was later and caused more damage.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanksgiving dinner with Hank:
"Hey can you pass a roll?" *tosses roll* *Hank flails and falls from chair*

Thanksgiving dinner with Marchand:
"Hey can you pass a roll?" *tosses roll* *Brad leaps and elbows roll out of the air*

Thanksgiving with Tim Thomas:
"So Trump says..." *immediately leaves room, then house, then state, considers fleeing to Canada*

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is the Stepan/Belesky hit not worse than this. That hit was later and caused more damage.

its pretty simple, I think you should watch them both again

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I notice that your 40 year-old, slightly outta shape ass isn't volunteering to take that low-force crosscheck though :wink:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its pretty simple, I think you should watch them both again

Head is the difference, yes. Both are late hits, both irresponsible, both cause injury. They're still pretty darn comparable for the league to not even look into Belesky's.

Status
Not open for further replies.