• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Columbus wins their next game they are only 1 point behind the Devils and they'll be even game wise. How about a winning streak Columbus? Carry that momentum into next season ya'know?

They have a few people trying to earn jobs next year, especially the coach (Morin, Tropp, Goloubef, and Connauten too). They've just set a franchise record for consecutive road wins (6). I think they have an over .500 season as a goal at this point. Two games below right now. With the calamity that it's been, that's about as good as they can hope for. And I feel like they have their eyes on a mid 1st round guy...

I was hoping that Bourque would have another angry game like he did against Calgary, but of course he's now hurt. Welcome to Columbus, Rene!

Good news - Wild Bill Karlsson makes his Jackets debut in Wennberg's spot. Between Dano and Hartnell. That puts Jenner alongside Johansen and Atkinson. Anisimov stays with Foligno and Morin.

Gonna be a tough one tonight, but I think this team has no pressure and can play whatever game they want. Should be fun to watch.

Plus, I hope someone beats the piss out of Kesler.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$50 says Boudreau is the Leafs coach come opening day.
They have a few people trying to earn jobs next year, especially the coach (Morin, Tropp, Goloubef, and Connauten too). They've just set a franchise record for consecutive road wins (6). I think they have an over .500 season as a goal at this point. Two games below right now. With the calamity that it's been, that's about as good as they can hope for. And I feel like they have their eyes on a mid 1st round guy...

I was hoping that Bourque would have another angry game like he did against Calgary, but of course he's now hurt. Welcome to Columbus, Rene!

Good news - Wild Bill Karlsson makes his Jackets debut in Wennberg's spot. Between Dano and Hartnell. That puts Jenner alongside Johansen and Atkinson. Anisimov stays with Foligno and Morin.

Gonna be a tough one tonight, but I think this team has no pressure and can play whatever game they want. Should be fun to watch.

Plus, I hope someone beats the piss out of Kesler.

I think Wild Bill has a NHL future - he looked decent at the beginning of this season with the Ducks.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the ongoing complaints about scoring, yadda yadda: one of the Pens beat writers has made it one of his soapboxes on twitter to talk about scoring across the league, etc. Apparently the NHL didn't like that, and sent him a "nastygram" about it. Oh come on.

Where did you see this at, Pix? Can you elaborate, please?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he name his burger "67". He HAS to know what that number represents :scratch:

He's just getting all warm and cuddly with his boss...

0216-molson-cdn-67-01.jpg

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see Boudreau leaving Anaheim especially if they go far in the playoffs this year.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^that prob doesnt even include the own goal scored by calgary on a delayed penalty

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like a typical Bettman move. Pretty pathetic that the NHL would take the time to contact a member of the media to not report, you know, the FACTS :tsk:

I admit that Yohe was on that soapbox often...but I agreed with him every step of the way. He's simply reporting the facts: "Oh look! Three shutouts tonight out of 8 games!" And he wasn't shy about calling the league sad, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.