• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
on the referee helmet cam thing

sportsnet used them for a few games during the first week of the season

have they used them since??? :noidea:

I certainly hope the 'hover cam' thing they are using now is a short term trial.
it's nauseating.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM SUPER EXCITED FOR THE NHL DEBUT OF LATVIAN RONALDS KENINS TONIGHT!!!

Marc Crawford compared him to Matt Cooke/Jarkko Ruutu

and Ted Nolan gave him a good slurp ...

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff 2h2 hours ago

Ted Nolan on #Canucks Kenins: 'I've been telling everybody for the last 3 years that this guy can play. He's competitive as heck.'

nows the time for Sir Bennington to trade him to the Sabres for a first rounder :bolt:

So we can look forward to him deliver a cheap head shot while biting someone as he tries to miraculously cut a guy's leg in half with a knee-on-knee hit??

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MessyGaseousJanenschia.gif

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for Horton. Guy's to talented a player for his career to end to an injury.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for Horton. Guy's to talented a player for his career to end to an injury.

It's pretty amazing that he went from "trouble getting out of bed" to resuming workouts in 5 months, but he may still never play again.

I was just worried the poor guy was gonna be suffering forever.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evgeni Nabokov on waivers.

Hope he doesn't end it this way. Such a strong career, solid goalie for a long time.

Also makes you wonder if Stevie Y is planning something.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty amazing that he went from "trouble getting out of bed" to resuming workouts in 5 months, but he may still never play again.

I was just worried the poor guy was gonna be suffering forever.

As an outside observer I'm pretty darn skeptical, merely because it's a degenerative in nature.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hope he doesn't end it this way. Such a strong career, solid goalie for a long time.

He was a solid goalie and he could steal games when he was on. I really enjoyed watching him in San Jose. If his five hole didn't get bigger than my loose sister's in the playoffs, he'd have a cup.

I haven't watched him with any regularity since he left San Jose but I would hope that he could still be a 1B on a team looking for a little depth in net.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nabokov had some good years in SJ but he's been average at his best for quite some time. I still hold that the Isles would've beaten the Pens two years ago if they had gotten better goaltending.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nabokov had some good years in SJ but he's been average at his best for quite some time. I still hold that the Isles would've beaten the Pens two years ago if they had gotten better goaltending.

He's no Roberto Luongo, that's for sure :D

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frustrating watching all those softies go in during that series. Shame to see him waived, but his time has passed.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. I'd heard that one too. Apparently the asking price for Yandle was the same with this year's 1st added from Ottawa.

If these are the types of return that Maloney is asking he better better used to the sounds of laughter, phones being slammed down and dial tones.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I'd heard that one too. Apparently the asking price for Yandle was the same with this year's 1st added from Ottawa.

If these are the types of return that Baloney is asking he better better used to the sounds of laughter, phones being slammed down and dial tones.

Fixed for clarity :nod:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If these are the types of return that Maloney is asking he better better used to the sounds of laughter, phones being slammed down and dial tones.

Maybe, but have you looked at the forwards available for rent? After Vermette, the next best available player might be Jagr, with Chris Stewart third. That is a terrible, awful, no-good selection to choose from. Maloney has no reason to be realistic right now because you never know who'll be stupid enough to bite (luckily for you, Murray isn't).

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but have you looked at the forwards available for rent? After Vermette, the next best available player might be Jagr, with Chris Stewart third. That is a terrible, awful, no-good selection to choose from. Maloney has no reason to be realistic right now because you never know who'll be stupid enough to bite (luckily for you, Murray isn't).

A lot of the competitors are much tighter against the cap than in prior years though, so bringing in a rental is tougher. I think there will be relatively fewer buyers than in years past. There are definitely some teams like Nashville or Anaheim - and to a lesser extent Tampa - who look like they could be for real that have plenty of space though. The Isles have some space too but are already without a 1st or 2nd, so they don't have as many bargaining chips.

So the weak supply might be balanced out by weaker demand.

Then again, I'm always amazed how much some teams give up for rentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.