• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you see that the team booked him on the flight? He was on vacation with his girlfriend during the all-star break, so I would assume he booked that himself.

To be frank, this was dumb even if he booked it himself. As long as he has evidence that he showed up to the airport on time and got fucked out of the flight I don't see how penalizing him does anything other than give the kid something to remember come contract negotiation time.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you see that the team booked him on the flight? He was on vacation with his girlfriend during the all-star break, so I would assume he booked that himself.

It doesn't matter who booked the flight, it wasn't his fault if the airline kicked him off, it's theirs. Airlines overbook as part of their business model, it's hard to avoid. And I'm not even sure they notify you if you're booked on an overbooked flight, until it comes time to tell you you've been kicked off.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams pay for travel of players to and from their summer residence to training camp at start and end of seasons ... I think they also arrange the travel for them ... I would think it wouldnt be any different during an asg break

so I would blame the assistant travelling secretary

03-Costanza.png

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter who booked the flight, it wasn't his fault if the airline kicked him off, it's theirs. Airlines overbook as part of their business model, it's hard to avoid. And I'm not even sure they notify you if you're booked on an overbooked flight, until it comes time to tell you you've been kicked off.

^ This.

I had a flight last year where I booked it almost 4 months in advance (one of the rare times I get advanced notice of travel). When I went to the seat chooser at the time, there were only five seats taken. I showed up at the airport, they told me the flight was overbooked and they said they were going to move me to a later flight.

That did not work out well for them.

If the guy can prove the airline screwed him, it is bad form to punish him. And announcing a punishment before investigation is kinda bad as well.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Sabres are probably going to tell him some bullshit like, "Dude, don't cut it that close"

Like jstew said, the teams pay for that kind of stuff so to suspend him for that is stupid, flat out stupid

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sabres are probably going to tell him some bullshit like, "Dude, don't cut it that close"

Like jstew said, the teams pay for that kind of stuff so to suspend him for that is stupid, flat out stupid

I always remember an interview Chicken Parm did years ago about the life changes that occur when a player retires and becomes a regular joe and he said "i didnt even know how to go about booking a plane flight"

/charmed life

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, but only based on his specific history. He showed up to training camp out of shape and was criticized for immature attitude and lackadaisical approach to the whole thing. That resulted in him not making the roster out of camp, and he threatened to bolt for Europe if they didn't play him.

And to me, getting bumped from a flight is not a rare situation, so you have to be prepared for that.

Maybe my perspective is different because I travel a ton for work, but I know what if I absolutely 100% MUST be somewhere the next day, I know to never book the last flight option in case something happens. You get bumped, the plane needs maintenance, crew gets sick, etc. Shit happens when you travel.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus fucking christ Frank let it go - Razor played like garbage and they had to put out the dumpster fire, which they did:

star-trek-picard-facepalm-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1381.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, but only based on his specific history. He showed up to training camp out of shape and was criticized for immature attitude and lackadaisical approach to the whole thing. That resulted in him not making the roster out of camp, and he threatened to bolt for Europe if they didn't play him.

And to me, getting bumped from a flight is not a rare situation, so you have to be prepared for that.

Maybe my perspective is different because I travel a ton for work, but I know what if I absolutely 100% MUST be somewhere the next day, I know to never book the last flight option in case something happens. You get bumped, the plane needs maintenance, crew gets sick, etc. Shit happens when you travel.

I was going to say that there is probably more to it. If this incident is *all* that he's done, then the response seems disproportionate. If there are other issues, then this is not necessarily out of line. I've seen poor performers get canned for dumb things unrelated to their bigger issues. Might give the kid the benefit of the doubt on not understanding flight bumps on a personal flight, it's probably never happened to him before (always travels with 30+ other people - groups don't get bumped). But if he's been a problem, this is an easy thing to send a message on.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus fucking christ Frank let it go - Razor played like garbage and they had to put out the dumpster fire, which they did:

star-trek-picard-facepalm-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1381.gif

Ummmm, why shouldn't Mase have been in uniform? Is he saying they are rushing him back? Or that he doesn't deserve to play?

Last edited by a moderator:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say that there is probably more to it. If this incident is *all* that he's done, then the response seems disproportionate. If there are other issues, then this is not necessarily out of line. I've seen poor performers get canned for dumb things unrelated to their bigger issues. Might give the kid the benefit of the doubt on not understanding flight bumps on a personal flight, it's probably never happened to him before (always travels with 30+ other people - groups don't get bumped). But if he's been a problem, this is an easy thing to send a message on.

And FWIW, Murray claimed that neither Zadorov himself or his agent put up a fuss when told he was going to be suspended for a game.

I think the message was received.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.