• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what wonderful people.

I'm no fan of Jack Johnson the player, but it sure is hard not to feel for him on this one.

Former Tennis Star Arantxa Sachez-Vicario's parents spent just about everything she made. Johnson wasn't the first athlete screwed over by his parents & he won't be the last.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suck it up, Buttercup.

New York Islanders forward Cal Clutterbuck has been fined $2,000 as supplementary discipline under NHL Rule 64 (Diving/Embellishment), the National Hockey League announced today.

Clutterbuck was issued a Warning following an incident flagged by NHL Hockey Operations during NHL Game No. 397 against the St. Louis Blues on Dec. 6. His second Citation, which triggered the $2,000 fine, was issued for an incident during NHL Game No. 676 against the Philadelphia Flyers on Jan. 19. Flyers forward Jakub Voracek received a minor penalty for hooking on the play, at 19:04 of the second period. The Islanders scored on the ensuing power play.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suck it up, Buttercup.

New York Islanders forward Cal Clutterbuck has been fined $2,000 as supplementary discipline under NHL Rule 64 (Diving/Embellishment), the National Hockey League announced today.

Clutterbuck was issued a Warning following an incident flagged by NHL Hockey Operations during NHL Game No. 397 against the St. Louis Blues on Dec. 6. His second Citation, which triggered the $2,000 fine, was issued for an incident during NHL Game No. 676 against the Philadelphia Flyers on Jan. 19. Flyers forward Jakub Voracek received a minor penalty for hooking on the play, at 19:04 of the second period. The Islanders scored on the ensuing power play.

I'd trade him for a bag of pucks dash. I've never been a fan of his. Nino wore out his welcome & nobody wanted him.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suck it up, Buttercup.

Meh - I'll take the PPG 10 out of 10 times for a $2K dive.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade him for a bag of pucks dash. I've never been a fan of his. Nino wore out his welcome & nobody wanted him.

Bolts - were you as shocked as I was last night seeing the "A" on his jersey? I would have thought that would have gone to Hamonic before Clutter.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolts - were you as shocked as I was last night seeing the "A" on his jersey? I would have thought that would have gone to Hamonic before Clutter.

Absolutely!!

Hamonic is far more deserving of an A, but it is what it is. Did you see the story ESPN did on Hamonic? He talks to kids who've lost a parent or both after every game, even on the road. It was very cool!!

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what wonderful people.

I'm no fan of Jack Johnson the player, but it sure is hard not to feel for him on this one.

Might help explain his poor play. Seems the young man has a lot on his mind.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad to see Alex Petrovic get a look

Dylan Olsen has not played well at all lately

Last edited by a moderator:

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely!!

Hamonic is far more deserving of an A, but it is what it is. Did you see the story ESPN did on Hamonic? He talks to kids who've lost a parent or both after every game, even on the road. It was very cool!!

Yes - I was able to catch that. He's a good guy and someone who should definitely be recognized for his contributions off the ice. Good for him.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely!!

I cried like a small child watching that.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow up:

Sources: Jack Johnson's Parents Also Screwed Over His Grandfather

Seems Jack Johnson's parents didn't limit their family screwing to just their kid. Real charmers.

I always want to know how crazy people find each other. BOTH his parents are messed up, probably mentally ill to some degree...how do they find each other? I highly doubt they were below upper middle class on their own merit, how do you sell off your family? Like, my brother has stolen from my parents and myself money in the thousands (and bought a truck in my dads name, the gem), and I resented him for it for a while, and my parents still love him, even if he pisses them off. And this is the opposite. I don't have kids, but I can't imagine doing this to them. I can't imagine doing it to a retired parent either, ESPECIALLY if I had a comfortable living.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CraigCustance Craig Custance
When we talk about tanking, we can all agree that none of us mean we believe players are purposely trying to lose, right?

Yup, tanking isn't on players, it's on coaches and management. Coaching when you're not putting your best possible lineup on the ice and management when you don't fire a coach who has clearly lost the room or don't make moves (trades, waiving guys etc.) to improve the team.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1