• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking the figurative Book of Justice here or a literal book?

Because I wouldn't mind seeing someone hurl an unabridged version of the complete Wheel of Time series at him.

hqdefault.jpg

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much does Giordano get now? Yikes.

Yeah, suddenly feeling squeamish over Ryan Murray's impending negotiation.

Jarmo probably just put his fist through a wall reading that.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much does Giordano get now? Yikes.

He's going to be such an interesting situation - does he negotiate this summer, or does he play a few months of next season knowing the team is likely to be better overall and his numbers likely to improve? If he does the latter, I don't think Subban money is out of the question. If he wins the Norris, holy shit.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Marchand will have a disciplinary hearing for last night's slew foot on Brassard...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Marchand will have a disciplinary hearing for last night's slew foot on Brassard...

He needs a 1 game suspension

And the league MUST MUST MUST ... in its suspension explanation video ... end it by saying ...

C
U
Next
Tuesday marchand

:whistle:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow there was no penalty on the play either. How did the on-ice officials miss that one? At 2-0 it would have given the Rags a long 5-3, possibly alters the outcome of the game.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]4A_QKY-YIGI[/YOUTUBE]

No idea how I've never seen this, but man it's fantastic. "That way it'll be close to impossible for me to spend my money on other things like drinks, a salad, or a play making center."

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow there was no penalty on the play either. How did the on-ice officials miss that one? At 2-0 it would have given the Rags a long 5-3, possibly alters the outcome of the game.

Hah, and I thought I was mad when they missed that Downie/Suter elbow in the last Pens game. At least that was sneaky without video review...I mean, that's a very blatant slew foot. Of course, I've never actually seen a slew appropriately called. I've seen them called trips, but never called slew because it's a major.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray has to play a few games before he can get excited. Not exactly working with a stacked resume here.

Exactly.

Plus he's RFA. He'll be lucky to get $3M/yr on his next deal. Which in turn is lucky for the BJs moving forward.

What this does though is give Marc Methot's agent some fuel (if true). They were already talking about $5M/yr. I don't really care at this point because the Sens have so much cap space. It's just crazy that defensive D are getting this, but they are. Starting with Brooks Orpik, who at this point is much worse than Marc Methot and Marc Staal.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Plus he's RFA. He'll be lucky to get $3M/yr on his next deal. Which in turn is lucky for the BJs moving forward.

What this does though is give Marc Methot's agent some fuel (if true). They were already talking about $5M/yr. I don't really care at this point because the Sens have so much cap space. It's just crazy that defensive D are getting this, but they are. Starting with Brooks Orpik, who at this point is much worse than Marc Methot and Marc Staal.

I haven't looked into his advanced stats, but I know in his return to Pittsburgh there were about 3-1000 articles about his "leadership" making his contract worthy. I can't even tell you if the Caps recent success has anything to do with the guy, but...I seem to doubt it. FWIW, I found Brooks' form of leadership in his last few years in Pittsburgh to be completely insufferable. Don't expect him to ever take the blame for much of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.