• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Ducks have put Dany Heatley on waivers.. His contract was $1 million for 1 year.

Any guesses on which team will pick him up?

At his salary and with no long term risk, I can't imagine someone won't take a chance on him. Especially a young, non-competitive team who could benefit from his experience. Or maybe a bubble team hoping to at h lightning in a bottle.

Get with the times - you don't just pick a guy off waivers anymore - you wait for him to clear and then offer up a trade for him.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Ducks have put Dany Heatley on waivers.. His contract was $1 million for 1 year.

Any guesses on which team will pick him up?

At his salary and with no long term risk, I can't imagine someone won't take a chance on him. Especially a young, non-competitive team who could benefit from his experience. Or maybe a bubble team hoping to at h lightning in a bottle.

I don't think anybody will claim Heater, but I would laugh my ass off if the Oilers claimed him.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody will claim Heater, but I would laugh my ass off if the Oilers claimed him.

Just about nothing could bring a bigger smile to my face.

It would be so perfect on so many levels.

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the new Nat Ho League - so many youngsters, so hungry for the gelt. Let's just say, that all sorts of interesting (?disturbing?) things are about to happen - and the last thing that we're gonna see, is some lazy, totally un-engaged old guy, floating his way to a pay-day.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over his last 19 games, Carey Price has allowed one goal or fewer 10 times – including five of his last seven starts. Poor kid, pressure is destroying him.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Habs are just as bad as the Leafs, but with a better goalie.

I didn't see last night's Leafs game, but most of the accounts I read suggest Reimer was very good last night. Leafs need to really cut down on the number of shots they are allowing.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job Tootoo especially in the 2nd fight

Round 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTr20r7WNP8 mostly wrestling
Round 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq-CQmsDe1E Tootoo ends it with a pretty good right. I like how he shook him till his helmet came off....very skilled.

for anyone who doesn't remember the back story Bortuzzo ran Jagr last time the teams played but refused to fight after the hit. The league disciplined him but sometimes a guy needs to be punched in the face. Devils really perked up after the fight and Tootoo got the 3rd star. Gotta make Don Cherry's heart warm.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over his last 19 games, Carey Price has allowed one goal or fewer 10 times – including five of his last seven starts. Poor kid, pressure is destroying him.

It's really tragic to watch him crumble like this.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see last night's Leafs game, but most of the accounts I read suggest Reimer was very good last night. Leafs need to really cut down on the number of shots they are allowing.

I didn't see it either, but limiting it to only 3 goals against, he probably was.

But while I'm not going to pin the loss on him, in the game against Florida every goal against came from the point. Team playing like dog shit or not, that can't happen.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see it either, but limiting it to only 3 goals against, he probably was.

But while I'm not going to pin the loss on him, in the game against Florida every goal against came from the point. Team playing like dog shit or not, that can't happen.

Weren't a few of them (including the winner) deflections?

And here's another idea... maybe if the team's system didn't seem to focus on having the wingers down (way too) low those point shots wouldn't be so frequent and so dangerous. Hell, watch the winning goal in the Tampa game and you can see the exact same problem.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tokarski did the same in his last game, and also stopped all 3 shootout attempts. Goalie controversy?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers have signed Nick Bjugstad to 6 year extension ($4.1mil AAV)

That's a nice signing by Vinnie Viola.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't a few of them (including the winner) deflections?

And here's another idea... maybe if the team's system didn't seem to focus on having the wingers down (way too) low those point shots wouldn't be so frequent and so dangerous. Hell, watch the winning goal in the Tampa game and you can see the exact same problem.

2 were. There were 6 goals, one an EN. 3 others came from the point and he was lost. The team is shit, but sometimes the goalie is just as shit, just like sometimes some players who are usually shit have a good game. In that game, Reimer was shit.

I'm bored with hearing about and going over the team's problems. If Shanahan has half a peanut for a brain they're getting blown up, starting at the deadline. If not, it's going to be a long time before I care about Leaf hockey again. Praying to god they go winless in January.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers have signed Nick Bjugstad to 6 year extension ($4.1mil AAV)

That's a nice signing by Vinnie Viola.

Bjugs Bunny gets to continue running wild all over opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.