• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord...just hit me that the league didn't even say anything about Willie Mitchell whipping Letang's helmet at the ref and Letang. How is there not even a fine there?

according to Dreger it's because, you know, he didn't you know actually hurt anyone, and you know has no bad, you know history

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every guy that comes back is greeted by another leaving. Perfect time to go into Tampa Bay.

F: Dupuis, Adams, Comeau, Sutter*, Downie*, Bennett*, Sill
D: Maatta*, Martin, Ehrhoff, Bortuzzo
G: Greiss*

*are (potentially) mumped-up, although Bennett and Maatta were out anyway. Good times.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to Dreger it's because, you know, he didn't you know actually hurt anyone, and you know has no bad, you know history

:L:L:L

Yeah, always a good strategy. First off, throwing equipment is supposed to be a match penalty, and in that exchange he only got 5 for fighting with Letang. But I thought for SURE there'd at least be a fine. Just as dangerous as swinging a stick at a guys head.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Mitchell gets a free pass against the pens since malkin took a year of his life with an unpenalized cheapshot.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to tell him he doesn't play for Columbus anymore.

Hah, unfortunately the "don't be Columbus" memo was missed about a month ago. I thought they'd get away with merely having crazy, big issues, like cancer and blood clots, instead of crazy numbers of injuries. But noooooo, they decided to go with both quantity and intensity.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sincerely have no hope for a win tonight. These guys need a break, big time. Second night of a back to back with thirteen guys out of the lineup, and the third goalie going. Gonna be ugly.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Yotes got whipped 7-1, I am hoping for a win on the back to back since we are playing the Oilers. Maybe the only team in the league that is worse

Aero407

Blame Jameis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrei Vasilevskiy meets Cindy and Co. tonight, in his first home start for the Bolts. We'll borrow some rubber rats for good luck.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a giant turd. Giant.

Pennsylvania is now the Trolling state?

Yeah right - so far, Johnny 'Ockey and the Forsberg whelp are about the only competition for the Hart. (No rookie, or even part-time D-man, need apply, eh. Wot's wrong with this League, you say?)
Kinda funny isn't it, that the Fried-errs under Hex and 'Eh-rube belong in a no-hit league? Ooh-eee ride me high... ...oh no, we gonna fly(slide), down into that easy-chair. ( R. Zimmerman)
When ya get two points that you really didn't even come close to deserving, it's felicitous to hold back the tears, nay. That, and the 'extra point' probably wouldn't have happened for ya, back in ye olde dry-scrapie days. I thought Vinnie looked good though - for about a minute.

Also, definitely more than glad that the Jet-zzz (as in, went to sleep and stopped shooting at the leading Zepp-le-man for the last period) got past the sPITT-swapping Waddlers (another freebie two-pointer) without picking up the chipmunk cheeky thing.

Outside of Barffalo, and MAYBE Caca-lina, I can't think of any other team from the East that I"d rather like to meet in the Stanley final round than the two PP teams - don't y'all think that it's time for a cross-over in the semi-finals, so the two best best teams play for the Cup.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ex0Qv9h.jpg

Shea Weber's bobblehead.

For the record, the real Shea Weber's headshot:
images

NAILED IT

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pennsylvania is now the Trolling state?

Yeah right - so far, Johnny 'Ockey and the Forsberg whelp are about the only competition for the Hart. (No rookie, or even part-time D-man, need apply, eh. Wot's wrong with this League, you say?)
Kinda funny isn't it, that the Fried-errs under Hex and 'Eh-rube belong in a no-hit league? Ooh-eee ride me high... ...oh no, we gonna fly(slide), down into that easy-chair. ( R. Zimmerman)
When ya get two points that you really didn't even come close to deserving, it's felicitous to hold back the tears, nay. That, and the 'extra point' probably wouldn't have happened for ya, back in ye olde dry-scrapie days. I thought Vinnie looked good though - for about a minute.

Also, definitely more than glad that the Jet-zzz (as in, went to sleep and stopped shooting at the leading Zepp-le-man for the last period) got past the sPITT-swapping Waddlers (another freebie two-pointer) without picking up the chipmunk cheeky thing.

Outside of Barffalo, and MAYBE Caca-lina, I can't think of any other team from the East that I"d rather like to meet in the Stanley final round than the two PP teams - don't y'all think that it's time for a cross-over in the semi-finals, so the two best best teams play for the Cup.

Up to about 20 seconds in....

[YOUTUBE]TV8oK1W2b-0[/YOUTUBE]

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Filtttttttttttttttttthy

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how legit this site is but it is interesting nonetheless

NHL Man Games Lost, CHIP, and TMITT December 23, 2014 - Man Games Lost

Feels like the Columbus numbers must be off, but damned if I'm going to dig into it. At one point, they had 31m of their 64m payroll out. I wonder if the team is reporting on Horton differently or something. Maybe it just feels that way. I haven't been paying all that much attention to Anaheim's situation.

I will be interested to see this in another month. Letestu, Anisimov, Jenner and Horton will not play a game before February at the earliest (and Horton never again - probably). Jenner is a bargain (ELC) but those other three eat up some salary. Give or take 10 mil.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wish hockey was on tonight, I am jacked up right now and could go for some puck

Status
Not open for further replies.