• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Garbage suspended three games for a slew-foot on Big Buff. And no, there was no auto-correct.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Garbage suspended three games for a slew-foot on Big Buff. And no, there was no auto-correct.

That's like his third suspension in the past 12 or 13 months. He's taken the team lead away from Rousell.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like his third suspension in the past 12 or 13 months. He's taken the team lead away from Rousell.

A comment from the Puck Daddy story article on the Garbutt suspension:

Garbutt needs some slew-foot tutorials from the Penguins. Of course, watching the way he plays, I suspect he'll be in a Pittsburgh jersey before too long.

My money is that the guy who entered this comment is a Flyers fan (lol)

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not enough considering he's only two weeks removed from his 2 game kneeing suspension.

Should have been 5 with a clear message that if he commits another suspendable offense this season he gets a minimum of 10, regardless of magnitude, injury, etc.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like this whole mumps epidemic in the league goes back a few years:

4970-301Bk.jpg

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbuttox would be wise to get the message - first time they played this year he blatantly tried to put his stick in Byf-sock'em's right eye - wot gives, eh - I sincerely doubt that he'd ever drop the gloves and have a go with him.

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Toronto to Winnipeg is like comparing a new Ferrari to a 73 Datsun that has been stripped for parts. There are maybe 3 cities on this continent I would choose to live in over Toronto, and 2 of them are more for weather-related reasons than anything else.

T Owe ain't no Fur-rare-y Danny, no madder howz-ya-slice it, or warts ever ya wants to Campari it to. Back when it used to be the conduit for fine Jamaican produce - it at least had one thing going for it. Pre-Xmas 2006 was the last time I was there, and it was kinda dirty, dungie-awful. Glad you like it though, seeing that's where you ease.

Mandoli

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if it's been said around here yet - but Boston's rumored to get next season's Winter Classic?

... Dear Santa: For 2015, I want tickets. Make it happen.

Mandoli

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How original. That definitely hasn't been done before.

Only problem I have with that. But I think it's more of needing teams that the casual Joe Schmo would be interested in, rather than try to be a bit more creative in it.

At least Colorado and Minnesota are rumored to get their own games, too.

EDIT: Obviously, I know that you're being sarcastic.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem I have with that. But I think it's more of needing teams that the casual Joe Schmo would be interested in, rather than try to be a bit more creative in it.

At least Colorado and Minnesota are rumored to get their own games, too.

EDIT: Obviously, I know that you're being sarcastic.

I just wish they went back to one a year. They're saying there might be 4 again next year. I think the only one I watched besides the game at the Big House was the Rangers-Isles. It's lost its novelty and now all I smell on it is Bettman stink.

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the trouble when you get a Doogie sHamilton on your roster - even the good players start acting like complete assholes.
So sorry mate, you deserve 10 games - maybe more, doesn't matter how much you wanta pretend, or 'protest' your lilly-whiteness regrets - you put him in, plain and simple. Anyone want to bet that he even gets a slap on the wrist. It's getting harder and harder to like, or even respect B-rains. I got no doubts they target star players. This ain't a Garbutthole, or Twat Co(0)ke kinda thing. It's a 'team' effort. Just like SHarper was so busy at the keyboards and singing lessons, that he couldn't possibly have known that his boys were Robo-Conning him to an election win. Never mind, winning is everything, and very lucrative.

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see playing out doors for a sham 'game' - think All-farts - but it's a complete joke that it counts. It's a hyper-marketed E-vent for the twirps -as in those that enjoy themselves according to how much money they throw away.

Mandoli

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish they went back to one a year. They're saying there might be 4 again next year. I think the only one I watched besides the game at the Big House was the Rangers-Isles. It's lost its novelty and now all I smell on it is Bettman stink.

I'm itching to watch all four, but in all fairness... If there was one US game and one Canada game, that would be perfect. Anything more than two in a single season is overkill. (I understand the need for all of those Stadium Series games last season, because of the lockout and all. The only one that truly interested me was Ducks/Kings.)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind having multiple games. More money, more casual fans going to games, it was only a matter of time before the outdoor game lost it's luster anyway.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B4rE98pCEAAUn3q.png

Umm...you okay buddy?

FWIW, he said it's not the mumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.