• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your points about Hartnell but you can't teach goalscoring. I can't believe there wasn't a better deal out there to be made for him.

There probably was a better deal but he also had a NTC so that was part of the issue

In all honesty, before these last 9 games, goal scoring wasn't a problem - the main problem is they've stopped working hard and that's why they don't generate anything offensively - if they worked half as hard as they are right now they'd score more

Their offensive depth still isn't that great but they should be better than this

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There probably was a better deal but he also had a NTC so that was part of the issue

In all honesty, before these last 9 games, goal scoring wasn't a problem - the main problem is they've stopped working hard and that's why they don't generate anything offensively - if they worked half as hard as they are right now they'd score more

Their offensive depth still isn't that great but they should be better than this

True, but if he waived it to go to Columbus I doubt he would've had an issue waiving it to go anywhere else save Edmonton or Buffalo.

Hey, maybe it's time Snider embrace a full rebuild? Stranger things have happened...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just confirming it at this point.

Looks like 'Lumbus is now Buffalo and Edmonton's main rivals for McJesus. I'm sure he'd be thrilled with any of these stable, successful franchises in desirable destinations.

Anything but Edmonton, really. Him in Columbus, combined with...you know, health, would be potentially scary good. Him in Buffalo would be a game changer, and probably the beginning of good things. They have all the draft picks.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo or Columbus could be scary good in 2-3 years with the addition of Connor McJesus. As for Edmonton, Connor would help, but that team has so many issues that I don't think he alone could pull them out of the abyss.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything but Edmonton, really. Him in Columbus, combined with...you know, health, would be potentially scary good. Him in Buffalo would be a game changer, and probably the beginning of good things. They have all the draft picks.

Buffalo or Columbus could be scary good in 2-3 years with the addition of Connor McJesus. As for Edmonton, Connor would help, but that team has so many issues that I don't think he alone could pull them out of the abyss.

Buffalo can draft and build a defence plus goalie. They can get something going for a few years there.

Columbus I'm not as sure about. They have the goalie (for now), but the defence leaves a bit to be desired. Of course, with McDavid you could trade Johansen for pretty much any defenceman you fucking want.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but if he waived it to go to Columbus I doubt he would've had an issue waiving it to go anywhere else save Edmonton or Buffalo.

Hey, maybe it's time Snider embrace a full rebuild? Stranger things have happened...

The Columbus he waived to go to and the Columbus he landed in are two completely separate places.

At this point, my only hope is that he, Johansen, Foligno and Wiz don't ask out. Foligno being the big one, he's a free agent at year's end. The Jackets need to sign him long term, stitch that C on his chest and then set to making Johansen a Jacket for life. All those offseason questions are answered. Joey is a potential superstar. Those three seem to be the only ones who truly want to be here.

This has been a punch in the nuts. There was talk of fighting for the division, and it could very well have happened, at the very least chased the shit out of the Pens. Then, somewhere along the way the Medical staff seemed to forget everything, so now I have to adjust to the tank mindset. McDavid or Eichel would both look great here. Johansen would be better served with Eichel on wing than McDavid competing for 1c duties....

Hartnell has been a great addition, and I like how he is calling out the organization for the lack of a captain. It needs to be said. There is a lot of talk locally that the Jackets are just waiting for Dubinsky to come back and he will be named captain. I cannot think of a bigger mistake, other than giving it to Boll.

Dubinsky is a great player, and improves the team. But the bottom line is he just signed an extension and then came to camp out of shape. He cost his team a #2 Centre and a quality forward for a quarter of a season. That is not the guy I want the youngsters in my locker room looking to.

I want them looking at Wiz, who broke his hand and was at the rink every day and came back early. I want them looking at Joey who carries a chip on his shoulder and is out to prove what he is capable of. I want them looking at Hartnell who wanted to be here and is not afraid to speak his mind. I want them looking at Foligno who nearly broke his neck and came back the next game. Plus he offered to switch to Center when the team needed it AND he's created a tradition that fans stick around to see.

Coach Richards called out Johansen for a stupid mistake that put the team short a man for 2 minutes in one game. Dubinsky, by being lazy in the offseason, cost his team a man 60 mins a game for 20+ games. I don't care if he never plays another game as a Blue Jacket. He is emblematic of the problem. Dubinsky doesn't have a NMC. Edmonton wants a 1c, and is willing to part with Perron and/or Eberle. Make the deal, Jarmo. See if you can add Boll and Timmy "can't do shit" Erixon for a draft pick.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Columbus has had loads of injuries this year. Got to wonder how good they'd be if all their guys where healthy.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo can draft and build a defence plus goalie. They can get something going for a few years there.

Columbus I'm not as sure about. They have the goalie (for now), but the defence leaves a bit to be desired. Of course, with McDavid you could trade Johansen for pretty much any defenceman you fucking want.

When healthy, they have a pretty formidable D. Murray, Tyutin, Wisniewsky and Johnson are a solid top 4 (with Johnson being the weakest of the 4) and Prout/Savard, along with Connauton and Leopold balance it out well.

The problem is, Erixon, who should be in the AHL at best is playing in the NHL and Prout and Savard who should be alternating 3rd pairing minutes are top pair guys right now. Neither one has the foot speed to match against the Crosby's and Ovechkins of the world. Not by a long shot.

At the outset, the Jackets needed a top 6 winger, to get rid of Boll and find a solid backup. That was before we knew about Horton. Now they need two or three top 6 forwards, clearly some 3rd line depth (Who would have thought I'd lament the loss of Blake Comeau?) and they still need a backup goalie.

Eichel or McDavid doesn't fill enough of the holes, but it does help a lot.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and to answer your earlier question Dash, not an Indian burial ground, but it was built on the site of a former prison and insane asylum.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When healthy, they have a pretty formidable D. Murray, Tyutin, Wisniewsky and Johnson are a solid top 4 (with Johnson being the weakest of the 4) and Prout/Savard, along with Connauton and Leopold balance it out well.

The problem is, Erixon, who should be in the AHL at best is playing in the NHL and Prout and Savard who should be alternating 3rd pairing minutes are top pair guys right now. Neither one has the foot speed to match against the Crosby's and Ovechkins of the world. Not by a long shot.

At the outset, the Jackets needed a top 6 winger, to get rid of Boll and find a solid backup. That was before we knew about Horton. Now they need two or three top 6 forwards, clearly some 3rd line depth (Who would have thought I'd lament the loss of Blake Comeau?) and they still need a backup goalie.

If they move Dubinsky for a guy like David Perron that can really help the depth at wing - he's tenacious, hard-working and I don't think he has the ego that Dubinsky has

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if he was simply revitalized (playing with Evgeni Malkin does tend to help, I suppose) or if he was being misused in the past. Right now he's basically a second Kunitz, which isn't a bad thing. In regard to your comment on the medical staff: I tend to come to the aid of med. staffs a lot, I know, but man there has to be something funky going on in CBus. The Horton thing is just simply unfortunate, and broken hands/feet are simply unavoidable. The only people more frustrated than the players are probably the ATCs, etc. I hattttte when I have a lengthy injury list for a coach, feel like a failure.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they move Dubinsky for a guy like David Perron that can really help the depth at wing - he's tenacious, hard-working and I don't think he has the ego that Dubinsky has

I know the rumor going around was Anisimov for Perron, and that ended obviously. I think Dubinsky probably can get more in return than Perron, though.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he was simply revitalized (playing with Evgeni Malkin does tend to help, I suppose) or if he was being misused in the past. Right now he's basically a second Kunitz, which isn't a bad thing. In regard to your comment on the medical staff: I tend to come to the aid of med. staffs a lot, I know, but man there has to be something funky going on in CBus. The Horton thing is just simply unfortunate, and broken hands/feet are simply unavoidable. The only people more frustrated than the players are probably the ATCs, etc. I hattttte when I have a lengthy injury list for a coach, feel like a failure.

1) Comeau played his role very effectively here. Right now, I could see him complimenting Hartnell and Foligno.

2) I am not blaming the medical staff completely, but if I am the goalie coach and the season goes to shit because of an excessive number of very long rebounds... I am going to figure out what is going wrong. Maybe they are not to blame, but they are accountable for figuring out what the hell is wrong. Not knowing what was going on with Horton until camp started is a flat out failure (a replacement is easier in the offseason. You know, like maybe they don't let MacKenzie, Skille or Comeau leave to give themselves more flexibility). Dubinsky's injury could be on the coaches, or it could be on the trainers. He clearly was not ready for what was expected of him. Murray appears to have been rushed back, and Letestu's injury could also be attributed to a training breakdown. He was injured in practice like Murray, Dubinski and Bob.

Not sure Anisimov's injury was impact/game related, either. I need to find out more about it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Columbus he waived to go to and the Columbus he landed in are two completely separate places.

All I meant is that I think Hartnell would've waived to go to Siberia just based on how hurt he seemed to be by the Flyers wanting to move him. He definitely felt disrespected. I've said many times in here how fucked up this season has been for CBJ.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Comeau played his role very effectively here. Right now, I could see him complimenting Hartnell and Foligno.

2) I am not blaming the medical staff completely, but if I am the goalie coach and the season goes to shit because of an excessive number of very long rebounds... I am going to figure out what is going wrong. Maybe they are not to blame, but they are accountable for figuring out what the hell is wrong. Not knowing what was going on with Horton until camp started is a flat out failure (a replacement is easier in the offseason. You know, like maybe they don't let MacKenzie, Skille or Comeau leave to give themselves more flexibility). Dubinsky's injury could be on the coaches, or it could be on the trainers. He clearly was not ready for what was expected of him. Murray appears to have been rushed back, and Letestu's injury could also be attributed to a training breakdown. He was injured in practice like Murray, Dubinski and Bob.

Not sure Anisimov's injury was impact/game related, either. I need to find out more about it.

I certainly think they need to rethink how things are being handled. That many injuries in practice is a bit worrisome, that's when you need to sit down with coaches, strength/conditioning staff, and figure it out. The Horton thing I can only presume is partially on him and partially on the fact that most back pain is perceived as simply part of life. Gosh I hate low back pain. It's an issue, there I agree. They need to look for trends, and I think the practice injury rate may be one.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I meant is that I think Hartnell would've waived to go to Siberia just based on how hurt he seemed to be by the Flyers wanting to move him. He definitely felt disrespected. I've said many times in here how fucked up this season has been for CBJ.

I get that, but he has to realize that Hexy was not the guy who signed him - he has no ties to him and he has every right to try and move him

Status
Not open for further replies.