• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Mark Scheifele (finally learned how to spell his name) sitting at least one out, and Lowry getting a crack at Center between Byf-sock'em and E.Kane - sad reality though, is that he'll probably get pressed into service, if Little and/or Perrault can't go, next Wednesday against Crudmonton. I still say, the guy is a natural winger ala Lafleur.

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any truth to the roomer that Jim Carey wants to recruit 'Little Stevie' S-harper for a three-quel stooge-a-rama, "Dumb, and DUMBEST"?
Six years is really 50 years.
"Here, have half a billion CAN bucks in vaccinations - that my good friends at the mega-pharmacists will happily provide for you, and, for which the Canarduckian people will glabrously pay. (Ass-side) Lure- i-i-i-in, Little darlin'... bump, bump... bump, shoo-wada-wada... (The Diamonds, W. Maurice). What"s your Merck, Sandoz,-S-K-Glaxo stock at, right now?"

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad for a little guy...seriously congrats to Brendan, he plays with a lot of heart.

:suds:

I like it. He plays hard and goes to the net* which is something not many of the Habs do.

*needs to stop running goalies though

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
r1Hw5BY.jpg

I sense an avatar change for me soon.

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one likes to be made a target.

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIchele Jean is made Head Franco-phony - does this mean that she"s off The Canarduckian Gravy-Train?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey bend over Ramo, I can't expletive see (lol) - NSFW (language)

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Oilers place J.Joensuu on waivers

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Oilers place J.Joensuu on waivers

I think the Flyers would be wise to pick him up - need competent 3rd/4th liners in which the team can bench Vinny and RJ - they don't have guys who can replace them in the lineup and that's why they're still getting 2nd and 3rd chances even after sucking as bad as they have this season

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers would be wise to pick him up - need competent 3rd/4th liners in which the team can bench Vinny and RJ - they don't have guys who can replace them in the lineup and that's why they're still getting 2nd and 3rd chances even after sucking as bad as they have this season

Worse trade - JVR for Schenn or Hartnell for Umberger? Would love a Flyers fan's perspective.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worse trade - JVR for Schenn or Hartnell for Umberger? Would love a Flyers fan's perspective.

I get the first trade - Flyers wanted defense and JVR had been inconsistent - Luke Schenn has been up and down in his time with the Flyers - it was not a good deal though because the Flyers could have really used a top LW like JVR to play with G and Jake

I don't even care much about the second trade - Scott Hartnell can put the puck in the net but he takes so many dumb penalties and he was slow - R.J has been horrible but at least the Flyers were able to essentially shed two years off the contract by making the trade - I was ready for them to move Scott Hartnell so when it happened I was surprised they were actually able to move him but I wasn't emotionally tied into it that much

The worst trade/signing as of late might have been A-Mac - I like him honestly and I didn't get the hate for him but giving him a five year deal was not what I necessarily wanted to see - however the Vinny contract might take the cake as the worst out of all the recent moves - it was unnecessary because of the centers they had already and the fact that he's been in and out of the lineup - they could have used that money to help bolster their wingers instead

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the first trade - Flyers wanted defense and JVR had been inconsistent - Luke Schenn has been up and down in his time with the Flyers - it was not a good deal though because the Flyers could have really used a top LW like JVR to play with G and Jake

I don't even care much about the second trade - Scott Hartnell can put the puck in the net but he takes so many dumb penalties and he was slow - R.J has been horrible but at least the Flyers were able to essentially shed two years off the contract by making the trade - I was ready for them to move Scott Hartnell so when it happened I was surprised they were actually able to move him but I wasn't emotionally tied into it that much

The worst trade/signing as of late might have been A-Mac - I like him honestly and I didn't get the hate for him but giving him a five year deal was not what I necessarily wanted to see - however the Vinny contract might take the cake as the worst out of all the recent moves - it was unnecessary because of the centers they had already and the fact that he's been in and out of the lineup - they could have used that money to help bolster their wingers instead

I understand your points about Hartnell but you can't teach goalscoring. I can't believe there wasn't a better deal out there to be made for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.