• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huby for Askarov, who says no?

/The Preds probably.
I think the Preds would be silly to accept anything less than two firsts for him and that would narrow things down to teams with other teams' firsts unless someone really loves him.

CGY’s got the picks but they have other needs (and Wolfie).

I'm guessing Montreal's trying hard here? Them, Chicago, Philly & SJ all have other teams' firsts for upcoming drafts but Montreal's the only ones there I think capable of getting out of the ditch this year.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Montreal's trying hard here? Them, Chicago, Philly & SJ all have other teams' firsts for upcoming drafts but Montreal's the only ones there I think capable of getting out of the ditch this year.

All of those make sense. Not sure Trotz gets two firsts though. Maybe we can ship someone like Jankowski or Cole Smith along with Askarov

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Surprised anyone in Montreal even answered a call from Waddell.

How 'bout we package Provorov, Olivier and Jenner with him and get Nick 'zuki back?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Surprised anyone in Montreal even answered a call from Waddell.

How 'bout we package Provorov, Olivier and Jenner with him and get Nick 'zuki back?
I just read it is official.

That seems like a huge sell-low on him, granted it is hard to get good market value for a guy who barely plays.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I speak for everyone when I say: Who the fuck is Jordan Harris?

I wish Patty luck. A guy who struggles to find joy in the game playing in Montreal with those fans and media is going to be... interesting.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read it is official.

That seems like a huge sell-low on him, granted it is hard to get good market value for a guy who barely plays.

I think I speak for everyone when I say: Who the fuck is Jordan Harris?

I wish Patty luck. A guy who struggles to find joy in the game playing in Montreal with those fans and media is going to be... interesting.

seems like an underwhelming return...

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like an underwhelming return...
Guy hasn't played consistently in 2 years, and said he wasn't playing here. To get anything without retaining salary is alright.

I expect we'll try to move some D out soon. Maybe this guy, or Provorov. Mateychuk is by all accounts ready, and Jiricek is going to be with the big club a bunch I'd wager.

Edit: Plus we just cleared 6m cap space. Maybe we can pounce on someone needing to move money to try and get Askarov.

Edit Edit: AND Harris will keep JMFJ off the ice.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy hasn't played consistently in 2 years, and said he wasn't playing here. To get anything without retaining salary is alright.

I expect we'll try to move some D out soon. Maybe this guy, or Provorov. Mateychuk is by all accounts ready, and Jiricek is going to be with the big club a bunch I'd wager.

Edit: Plus we just cleared 6m cap space. Maybe we can pounce on someone needing to move money to try and get Askarov.

Edit Edit: AND Harris will keep JMFJ off the ice.

yeah sometimes it is best to cut ties and get out in better financial shape...

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah sometimes it is best to cut ties and get out in better financial shape...
Waddell gave an interview last week and he said he had a very frank conversation with every player centered on whether they wanted to be part of the solution and made it clear whatever drama there was last year would not be tolerated. Basically said "if you don't want to be here, tell me. And we will make you not here". Said to a man everyone but Laine said they wanted to be part of the solution. He wasn't disparaging Laine, just that whatever happened on and off the ice closed the door in Laine's mind and he was hoping to accommodate him without too much disruption. But he also said it was made clear that he wasn't going to hurt the Jackets to accommodate the request and if he couldn't find a deal, Laine was starting in Columbus. Gave Laine and his agent permission to negotiate with whoever they wanted to.

While this wasn't the "Laine at his best for another star" trade some were hoping for, Not retaining any salary could be huge. Getting the distraction out of the room could be even bigger.

Currently sitting on 18 cap space with only Sillinger (RFA) to sign. C'mon Donny. Give 'em that old razzle dazzle.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddell gave an interview last week and he said he had a very frank conversation with every player centered on whether they wanted to be part of the solution and made it clear whatever drama there was last year would not be tolerated. Basically said "if you don't want to be here, tell me. And we will make you not here". Said to a man everyone but Laine said they wanted to be part of the solution. He wasn't disparaging Laine, just that whatever happened on and off the ice closed the door in Laine's mind and he was hoping to accommodate him without too much disruption. But he also said it was made clear that he wasn't going to hurt the Jackets to accommodate the request and if he couldn't find a deal, Laine was starting in Columbus. Gave Laine and his agent permission to negotiate with whoever they wanted to.

While this wasn't the "Laine at his best for another star" trade some were hoping for, Not retaining any salary could be huge. Getting the distraction out of the room could be even bigger.

Currently sitting on 18 cap space with only Sillinger (RFA) to sign. C'mon Donny. Give 'em that old razzle dazzle.
While there’s promising talent and who the hell ever knows in this sport I still don’t see the Jackets as anything other than bottom feeders this year.

Keeping that cap space for the inevitable cap dumps and bargain bin deals and the inevitable star who gets frustrated on another team makes way more sense for Columbus than going out and trying to make a splash at this stage of the preseason.

Waddell’s playing with house money right now. Let it ride.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm working too hard. I just found out about Laine. Need to goof off more.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm working too hard. I just found out about Laine. Need to goof off more.
I hope he does well for you. Him and Caufield on the left dot on PP1 and PP2 should be quite awesome to watch.