• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can underestimate the damage a four minute video might do to a career...when other guys in the same profession are taking shots at you, it speaks volumes.

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps win again! 6 of 7 in a huge OT in over the Wings who fall further behind us and have one less game to play.

But the spot I want is the fucking Flyers’ playoff spot. I want to knock that shit town and their garbage head coach out of the postseason. Coming for you, Flyers!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know I despise the Oilers, but my goodness, this is such a bad take. Zach Hyman reaching the 50 goal plateau is a great feat and sure it helps playing with guys like McDavid and Draisaitl, but Hyman has also worked incredibly hard to turn himself into a darn fine NHL player. Even if he did have the benefit of growing up with rich parents, it still doesn't discount the fact that he has put the hours in to become the player he is today. You can't buy your way into the NHL.

Hyman should go full "million dollar man" style heel. Have a valet/bodyguard carry his stuff, go to practice for him, do interviews for him, and run out on the ice to help when things get rough.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preds were down 4-1 in period 3, tie it and then Josi wins it in OT. Nashville remains red hot.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preds were down 4-1 in period 3, tie it and then Josi wins it in OT. Nashville remains red hot.

OK wasn’t going to share this but you left me no choice :pound:

Went to the game tonight, first game since being put on LTIR in January.Thought it was risky since I have missed the whole streak.

Sat through 2 periods, confirmed I am bad luck and went home then

Tomorrow I will be negotiating the financ compensation the Preds must pay me to stay away for the rest of the season

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK wasn’t going to share this but you left me no choice :pound:

Went to the game tonight, first game since being put on LTIR in January.Thought it was risky since I have missed the whole streak.

Sat through 2 periods, confirmed I am bad luck and went home then

Tomorrow I will be negotiating the financ compensation the Preds must pay me to stay away for the rest of the season
I went to something like 4 Penguin games during the 1992-93 season, all losses. Good thing I didn't attend any of the games during the streak at the end of the season.

And no, I was not at that playoff game against the Islanders.

Home record: 32–6–4

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been more impressive if he did it for an NHL team, against an NHL team in an NHL arena. /s

Kid was pretty impressive in what I saw before turning it off in disgust.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

“Suite?” In that place it’s probably a bathroom or a broom closet

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know I despise the Oilers, but my goodness, this is such a bad take. Zach Hyman reaching the 50 goal plateau is a great feat and sure it helps playing with guys like McDavid and Draisaitl, but Hyman has also worked incredibly hard to turn himself into a darn fine NHL player. Even if he did have the benefit of growing up with rich parents, it still doesn't discount the fact that he has put the hours in to become the player he is today. You can't buy your way into the NHL.

One has to wonder if this is an Oilers bias or a "that guy went to synagogue growing up" bias. Maybe both?

What a shit stain on the fabric of humanity.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One has to wonder if this is an Oilers bias or a "that guy went to synagogue growing up" bias. Maybe both?

What a shit stain on the fabric of humanity.

I mean, it does make you wonder why Hyman was the target of his wrath and why Sam Reinhart (who also hit 50 goals this past weekend for the first time) went unmentioned. Sam likely had a privileged upbringing with having a dad who played professional hockey (and Paul was a very good player in his own right).

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it does make you wonder why Hyman was the target of his wrath and why Sam Reinhart (who also hit 50 goals this past weekend for the first time) went unmentioned. Sam likely had a privileged upbringing with having a dad who played professional hockey (and Paul was a very good player in his own right).

And sorry, Pigman Matthews is not unquestionably one of the top two players to in hockey. He's in the conversation with MacKinnon, Makar, Kucherov, etc.. And for a goal scorer like Hyman he might not be the best fit. This guy sucks at talking about hockey, on every level.