• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He’s fast as hell, creative, hustles every shift, and looks like he just stepped off the set of Welcome Back, Kotter.

Yeah… I think it would be fair to say… I liked Sonny from the start.

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well kudos to the NHL for giving Wilson more than I expected. That’s rare when it comes to discipline.

And kudos to Justin Bourne of Sportsnet for this excellent writing on the subject. It’s rare you see John Steinbeck pulled into a hockey discipline conversation, but perhaps appropriate since he was a laborer that helped build Madison Square Garden (there’s your fun fact for the day, boys and girls). Anyway back to Bourne…

“There’s some real Of Mice and Men “Lennie just killed another mouse by petting it” vibes to this Tom Wilson suspension, in that he himself seems genuinely baffled by what occurred.

And further to that, there’s not even much public outcry about the play compared to most other incidents which warrant in-person hearings. The moment seemed devoid of malice, but was rather instinctual. (Which might be worse?) Wilson was just playing, he reacted emotionally for a second, and damn near knocked a guy’s front teeth through the back of his throat.

The most generous review of what happened is that Wilson tried to smack him across the chest with his stick and Gregor was shorter than Wilson anticipated. Even if you don’t review it generously though, it feels unlikely that Wilson’s sincere thought was “I’m going to whip-lash my stick right across this guy’s teeth nearly unprovoked” (though some would disagree with me there). To me there’s some physical mistake that compounds the mental one, but this is a level of recklessness that gets you suspended every day of the week.”

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since March Madness is currently being contested, this is a layup...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
scrolling through some odds for tonight...
McJebus at points -1.5 (i.e. he has to get 2 points to win) is paying -125.

put another way, he is a favorite to get at least 2 points.
not sure what that says about the Leafs defense or the the McJebus hype train.

(I took him to score at +500 though)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scrolling through some odds for tonight...
McJebus at points -1.5 (i.e. he has to get 2 points to win) is paying -125.

put another way, he is a favorite to get at least 2 points.
not sure what that says about the Leafs defense or the the McJebus hype train.

(I took him to score at +500 though)

Holy moly, Ron MacLean reached heights of insufferable that I didn't think was possible in the pre-game leadup.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hope so

If you're playing the Oilers, just lay the body early on guys like McDavid and Draisaitl. They're so mentally fragile and scared that they'll shirk away and then you'll get idiots like Kane, Nurse, and Perry running around trying to stir up stuff. This Oilers team could so easily be one-and-done in the playoffs.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're playing the Oilers, just lay the body early on guys like McDavid and Draisaitl. They're so mentally fragile and scared that they'll shirk away and then you'll get idiots like Kane, Nurse, and Perry running around trying to stir up stuff. This Oilers team could so easily be one-and-done in the playoffs.
Perry is not an idiot.