• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, Mike Vernon certainly had his fair share of howlers during his career lol

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
before I started watching that i thought ...Hmmm? 10 minute video??? Will the fights be in that??? Nope.

Theyre in this video. Big boy nasty fights too ... 3 in the first 5 minutes of the game and 3 in the last 5 minutes of the game ... ended with Paul Kruse jumping Gerald Diduck with 3 seconds left and then Gerald Diduck head butting Kruse and getting assessed an intent to injure penalty.

2 Gordie Howe hattricks too ... Momesso and Sandlak.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
before I started watching that i thought ...Hmmm? 10 minute video??? Will the fights be in that??? Nope.

Theyre in this video. Big boy nasty fights too ... 3 in the first 5 minutes of the game and 3 in the last 5 minutes of the game ... ended with Paul Kruse jumping Gerald Diduck with 3 seconds left and then Gerald Diduck head butting Kruse and getting assessed an intent to injure penalty.

2 Gordie Howe hattricks too ... Momesso and Sandlak.
Think I've mentioned this before, but I used to have a VHS tape of this game and the 13-0 over Edmonton from the same era.
That game had at least one doozy as well... Odjick speed-bagging Buchberger as Bucky was falling from a punch.

Played that tape in the background when I threw parties. Was high event hockey, always something going on if you looked over for a minute.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the subject of the Canucks demolishing the Flames and Oilers, on a recent episode of Donnie and Dhali, Don Taylor was making the argument that the Leafs are the Canucks biggest rival. I know Vancouver folks don't like Toronto for a variety of reasons (Toronto media ignoring Vancouver is a major one), but rivalries are built in the playoffs and I still think the Flames are the Canucks biggest rival. Some pretty epic playoff series between those two teams as opposed to what 1994 between the Leafs and Canucks being the only one I can recall?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the subject of the Canucks demolishing the Flames and Oilers, on a recent episode of Donnie and Dhali, Don Taylor was making the argument that the Leafs are the Canucks biggest rival. I know Vancouver folks don't like Toronto for a variety of reasons (Toronto media ignoring Vancouver is a major one), but rivalries are built in the playoffs and I still think the Flames are the Canucks biggest rival. Some pretty epic playoff series between those two teams as opposed to what 1994 between the Leafs and Canucks being the only one I can recall?
dont think the canucks have real big rivals at this time ... there are teams fans get pumped to face I guess but with the lack of playoff appearances the last 10 years, there are no real rivals to speak of. Blackhawks suck now, Bruins and Rags were from bygone eras that are too painful to dwell on lol

I would really love it for something to get amped up v the Kraken but it will take a playoff series. Kraken fans kinda see us as a rival which is confusing ... I remember Softy Mahler coming on Halbro once and talking about how Myzie was all public enemy #1 ... I guess it was because he injured Beniers during a game but I barely remembered that ... plus Myzie was public enemy #1 here too at the time lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can it be a rivalry if the other team’s fans forget you exist aside from two Saturday’s every season?

The only teams anyone in Toronto really cares about rivalry-wise are the Habs, Sens and Bruins and even the first two really depends on the age of the fan.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol what was that trash by Mike Vernon on Momessos goal ?!??
That 1st goal by Gary Valk had shades of Robby Brown in it.

Also Tom Fergus he was one of those forgotten players that produced very well early in his career.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 1st goal by Garrrry Valk had shades of Robby Brown in it.

Also Tom Fergus he was one of those forgotten players that produced very well early in his career.
Hey now ... he spells Gary with more than 1 r ... do not disrispek!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can stop speculating. Confirmed by London Police.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually the whole thing is just bad. if guilty of the act or even standing by and doing nothing knowing it happened then they ALL should be banned forever.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks bad on the flames for declaring dube going on a mental health leave

Yeah, that was not handled very well. I have to think they knew this story was about to drop and maybe they tried to get out in front of it, but in retrospect, it looks like they are trying to cover something up. They should have just waited to make the announcement (it was only a couple of days after they announced Dube's leave of absence).

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised the NHL hasn't come out with another expansion update as a distraction ploy.
well heard this morning that Ryan Smith was in the news saying he would be open to purchasing a team and relocating them to Salt Lake lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
group of the parents got to talking about this last night after my sons game (we got to talking about hockey culture after an opposing player mocked one of our players with the same type of thing Trump did with that disabled reporter at a rally once - hand to the chest and shaking it thing :L )

what do you think it will take for any of these 5 players to resume their careers? ... is acquittal enough or are they cooked at this point ?