• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony of Trouba having a hearing for a hit that nobody actually noticed in real time is so NHL and the DOPeS...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really feels like this is more for past transgressions than the actual one that occurred last night.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting but overall worthless stat.
Depends, is that max speed, or average speed? If average, does that include time spent hanging out in the left faceoff circle? :D

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the sounds of it, this isn't a cap circumvent where he will be back for the playoffs.
Seriously hope he gets better as this seems to be concussion related.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting but overall worthless stat.

Not to mention the stat seems wonky in, and of, itself. How the fuck does Nathan Mackinnon exceed 20 MPH 23.4 times? Did he do it 23 times and then only his arm did it once for the 0.4? Seems fishy.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is zero correlation to scoring and speed bursts as proven by the top 3 from the Penguins.

And how the f**k is not Jeff Carter at the bottom or did they leave off players with negative numbers. :D

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so as a front running hockey fan how do rights to college players drafted work?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so as a front running hockey fan how do rights to college players drafted work?

If I understand your question correctly, a college player drafted by a NHL team has a period of time (I think it's either two or three years) to sign with that team and/or when they finish college (whichever comes first). If they decline to sign with the team that drafted them, the NHL team can then trade their rights to another NHL team. That recently happened with the Flames and Adam Fox, the Flames drafted him, but Fox made it clear he wouldn't play with the Flames and Calgary traded him to Carolina. Carolina then traded Fox to the Rangers because the only team Fox wanted to play for was the Rangers.

If a college player drafted by a NHL team is not signed by the team, once the time frame for signing him expires, the player becomes a free agent and can sign with any NHL team.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I understand your question correctly, a college player drafted by a NHL team has a period of time (I think it's either two or three years) to sign with that team and/or when they finish college (whichever comes first). If they decline to sign with the team that drafted them, the NHL team can then trade their rights to another NHL team. That recently happened with the Flames and Adam Fox, the Flames drafted him, but Fox made it clear he wouldn't play with the Flames and Calgary traded him to Carolina. Carolina then traded Fox to the Rangers because the only team Fox wanted to play for was the Rangers.

If a college player drafted by a NHL team is not signed by the team, once the time frame for signing him expires, the player becomes a free agent and can sign with any NHL team.

Yep that's perfect. I'm a Wings fan and don't recall that process. They've got a couple in college that are notable (Augustine at MSU and Shai Buium at Denver). I was particularly curious on the latter because it's been 2 years.