• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume tickets for this are more expensive than regular games?

Do any other sports league's showcase events show a below average version of the product?

As long as the gate revenue is high, the NHL doesn't care about product quality.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks to Chad Kroeger, the Flames didn't deliver the worst performance of the night. But that's a low bar.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the gate revenue is high, the NHL doesn't care about product quality.
I'm just as unsure about why fans go to these games as I was 10 years ago

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to one and before it was even over I knew I would never go to another one

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is likely the best thing I'll read all day...

My wife just saw this on insta and is pretty outraged/ranting … “ this is ridiculous, they need to work on their arm game. No wonder they suck this season. Not even close to being firemen. Was this for halloween? Why not wear something to show off the hockey legs. Lederhosen would have been better. “

Im going to the basement now

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's mainly for the party atmosphere, I think the game is secondary. It's a fun, outdoor party and the weather was actually pretty nice for the fans in attendance.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's mainly for the party atmosphere, I think the game is secondary. It's a fun, outdoor party and the weather was actually pretty nice for the fans in attendance.
That's what I heard years ago too. A sports league having an event where the game is secondary and the fans sit in the next country. And some band that was popular 25 years ago will be there. And, I assume, a higher than average ticket. Sign me up!

Not arguing with you, or anyone else, it just amazes me these are still a thing.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I heard years ago too. A sports league having an event where the game is secondary and the fans sit in the next country. And some band that was popular 25 years ago will be there. And, I assume, a higher than average ticket. Sign me up!

Not arguing with you, or anyone else, it just amazes me these are still a thing.

Outdoor games and expansion are the two biggest revenue generators for the league. I think the league is serious about expanding to 36 teams within the next five years.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outdoor games and expansion are the two biggest revenue generators for the league. I think the league is serious about expanding to 36 teams within the next five years.
I understand that, I just don't get it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, I just don't get it.

Now I have to bring out this gif from one of your favorite shows...

giphy.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I have to bring out this gif from one of your favorite shows...

giphy.gif
I miss watching her weird hands.

I'm going to a night NFL game in a few weeks and they are usually a bit more festive.... but the game is still the focus and the conditions are the same as other games.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to a night NFL game in a few weeks and they are usually a bit more festive.... but the game is still the focus and the conditions are the same as other games.

That's the thing for me, the main thing that gets people excited is how fast these guys skate and how quick and agile they are on the ice. When you give them bad, slow ice, it turns the game into a plodding, boring event.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife just saw this on insta and is pretty outraged/ranting … “ this is ridiculous, they need to work on their arm game. No wonder they suck this season. Not even close to being firemen. Was this for halloween? Why not wear something to show off the hockey legs. Lederhosen would have been better. “

Im going to the basement now

I think I want more wife content. That was hilarious!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dash - avert your eyes

I mean, if a tear down and rebuild isn't apparent to Craig Conroy, I don't know what to say. Stock the cupboard with as many draft picks/prospects as you can and maybe the team will be competitive in time to play in the newly constructed arena.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if a tear down and rebuild isn't apparent to Craig Conroy, I don't know what to say. Stock the cupboard with as many draft picks/prospects as you can and maybe the team will be competitive in time to play in the newly constructed arena.
Sadly this holds so true with the Flames and Penguins.
Neither team wants to accept their fate and continue to polish turds moving forward.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man @dash

you flames fans are going all Canuck, you never go all canuck....

its funny because you have so many canucks on that team that could never do it here and now are not doing it there.

its like doing the same thing over and expecting different results lol

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s so many teams out there that don’t want to accept a full rebuild. Flames, Penguins, Caps, Wild, Jets, Preds just for starters. Flyers finally bit the bullet and went all in on one this year. GM’s are too afraid if they tear it down they won’t be around to build it back up. GM’s are like politicians as they only care about job security it seems instead of having some foresight and doing what is best for the long run. It was better to have an incompetent GM who makes questionable trades than one who doesn’t - at least he was trying.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man @dash

you flames fans are going all Canuck, you never go all canuck....

its funny because you have so many canucks on that team that could never do it here and now are not doing it there.

its like doing the same thing over and expecting different results lol

The big difference (I hope) is that there is no Jim Benning nor Brad Treliving at the GM position. I'm hoping Conroy is more like Trevor Linden and will embrace the rebuild.