• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the ice was terrible, that wasn’t even the first example. Brutal all night.

But hey, Olivier coulda done that
I have a proposal for you

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you don't want Fabbro. For some unknown reason, the Canucks want to bring him home. To facilitate, I walked his Canadian passport renewal to the government offices.
No, I want the guy we waived in exchange for the guy we should have waived.

I'm happy for Foudy that he was in a position to be awarded a penalty shot and not pushing Sean Kuraly up the ice, or waiting for Olivier to catch up.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I want the guy we waived in exchange for the guy we should have waived.

I'm happy for Foudy that he was in a position to be awarded a penalty shot and not pushing Sean Kuraly up the ice, or waiting for Olivier to catch up.

When he was awarded the penalty shot, I thought "yay I can post something to @forty_three about Foudy!". Then he catches some bad ice (which was in terrible condition, not his fault) and I put away my IPad :eek:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neck guards. Is the NHL at a point where they will (finally) mandate them? And would the league position change once they realize they can sell advert space on the guard?

I havent tried playing in almost 50 years, so dont have a valid take from a player's perspective. What do you all think?

I am guessing the discussion will sound similar to the debate over visors. And helmets before that.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neck guards. Is the NHL at a point where they will (finally) mandate them? And would the league position change once they realize they can sell advert space on the guard?

I havent tried playing in almost 50 years, so dont have a valid take from a player's perspective. What do you all think?

I am guessing the discussion will sound similar to the debate over visors. And helmets before that.
Nothing will prevent all injuries, my son got cut on his forearm under a jersey, above his catch glove and under his body armor. And skaters wear even less arm and body protection.

Neckguards also don't do enough if the goal it to prevent all super dangerous neck/face cuts. They go about halfway up the neck, but there is still skin exposed above it all the way up to the visor. Not sure what the answer is, but eliminating all danger is not really possible.

And personally, I think the league needs to focus on concussions and CTE before anything else because far more players have been affected by that than cuts. A 19 year old retired from hockey just yesterday due to Concussion and brain injury. 19.

Not belittling the danger from cuts, but to me you fix the bigger problem first. But the league won't even acknowledge this one.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get well, soon Nik. Take all the time you need to not actually retire officially and allow the team to not take a cap penalty.