• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh even better lol. No warning when they enter? Ticket machine?

There are probably signs and ticket machines. But this station has a bazillion signs upon entering for everything from speed limit to securing valuables to where to park certain vehicles. And inside the station there are pay stations for metro tickets, for bike storage, vending machines for drinks and snacks, newspapers and places to mail packages. And all of that is on top of the gauntlet of aggressive homeless people looking for change and random religious crackpots trying to talk to you.

I can see people who are not used to having to pay missing it if it suddenly shows up.
To be fair I did see some tiny signs when I went back in. Nothing attention grabbing though. Maybe before they made the change they announced it or something, but it seemed like the majority of people had to turn around and go back inside.

Even a pay at the gate would have been ok

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman with a bit of a bomb here regarding how the NHL is kinda terrified about the growth of MLS and F1 in North America, with context around why some media guys were a little caught off guard when they didn't get any time with Bedard in Toronto:

Over the summer, several players, agents, executives, league officials, you name it, indicated they were concerned about increasing MLS attention and what it means for the NHL. (And, as F1 arrived in Vegas, I heard similar worries about its North American expansion, too.) F1’s growth is fuelled by the excellent Drive to Survive, which prominently pushes personality, and MLS got a massive bump with Lionel Messi’s earth-shaking arrival.

During the 2019 Toronto-Golden State NBA Final, co-workers were amazed at how star-after-star-to-the-podium created hours of programming even on non-game-days. Bedard deserves a ton of credit for what he accepted; Sportsnet staffers who dealt with him the last few days said he had an excellent attitude toward it all.

I hope others in hockey look at it his way: “The best way I can ease his burden is by saying, ‘Okay, I’m next,’ or, ‘Okay, someone from our team is next.’”
Follow up on this, the "popular" F1 is in the USA racing in Texas and the Sprint race is about to start. It's on ESPNNews because ESPN is showing Oklahoma State at West Virginia and ESPN2 is showing North Texas and Tulane.

I didn't even know there was a University called "North Texas".

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow up on this, the "popular" F1 is in the USA racing in Texas and the Sprint race is about to start. It's on ESPNNews because ESPN is showing Oklahoma State at West Virginia and ESPN2 is showing North Texas and Tulane.

IMG_3015.jpeg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN is also showing all of that instead of NHL hockey too.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Stars have given up three short handed PP goals tonight.

Two in the last power play.

Can’t make it up.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
First time in Ovenchicken's career that he has not had a shot on goal in two consecutive games.

Finally taking the feedback that he shoots too much.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time in Ovenchicken's career that he has not had a shot on goal in two consecutive games.

Finally taking the feedback that he shoots too much.

If memory serves, that originated from the wisdom of Solomon.