• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda hoping the perps are out of hockey (at least at the NHL level) by now.
Lots of guys on that team are not only still in the league but pretty prominent.

And if they were not directly involved the question becomes when and how much they knew.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of guys on that team are not only still in the league but pretty prominent.

And if they were not directly involved the question becomes when and how much they knew.

which to me is just as guilty as those that committed the acts if you did not come forward.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which to me is just as guilty as those that committed the acts if you did not come forward.

That gets pretty murky to me. Consent (or lack thereof) is proving hard for prosecutors to prove. For a teenager who wasn't involved most of their knowledge would likely be second hand, at best. I'd say their chances of accurately figuring out what went down are pretty slim, as I would assume their douchebag buddies committing the assault would not frame it as such. But who knows with hockey culture.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't worry what ever team is most affected by this will be awarded with the next Connor Bedard.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Galchenyuk was arrested Sunday on charges of private property hit and run, disorderly conduct, failure to obey, resisting arrest and threatening or intimidating, according to the Scottsdale Police Department. A spokesperson said the hit and run was only property damage and no injuries occurred.

@dash . Why are some players so Goddamn stupid?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dash . Why are some players so Goddamn stupid?

I think it's more immaturity that stupidity. These guys are told from a young age that they're something special and they got a ton of money thrown at them early and it's tough to handle without a strong support group. When your career doesn't pan out as expected and people are constantly being negative towards you, it can be really tough mentally and you see people turning to substance abuse as a way of dealing with tough times.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more immaturity that stupidity. These guys are told from a young age that they're something special and they got a ton of money thrown at them early and it's tough to handle without a strong support group. When your career doesn't pan out as expected and people are constantly being negative towards you, it can be really tough mentally and you see people turning to substance abuse as a way of dealing with tough times.
they also see guys get away with things and think they will be protected at all costs.

glad to see that is changing slowly but changing (unless you are a star)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
jesus, nothing is easy with this guy

Co-founder Evander Kane steps down from Hockey Diversity Alliance​

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it gets worse for Alex

The police arrived on the scene after a report that the driver of a white BMW struck a curb, a sign and a parked SUV in a parking lot and that the driver, later identified as Galchenyuk, was walking around in an “unsteady fashion” and had been seen “lying down in the parking lot,” according to the report.

In the report, an officer detailed how
Galchenyuk was curt and profane when the police began asking him questions after seeing him laying on the ground approximately 20 feet from a car and a sign that was damaged. According to the report, Galchenyuk was helped back into the car by a second individual (later identified as his father) and began making erratic movements once inside the car. Galchenyuk told an officer “I will chop all of you f—s” and began to reach under his seat, prompting a warning from the officer.

The officer described a struggle while Galchenyuk was placed under arrest,leading the two officers on the scene to assist in placing him in handcuffs while on the ground.

With Galchenyuk in the back of the patrol car en route to the police station, he allegedly made a number of threatening comments to the officers, according to the report, including:

“I’m gunna (sic) chop you and your daughter.”

“Let me go or I will make one phone call.”

“You’ll never see your family, how scary is that?”

“One phone call and you’re all dead, your whole family, your whole blood line is dead.”

Galchenyuk told one officer that he’d make one call to Russia and have the officer’s wife and daughter’s kidneys “cut out.”

“He then began to make racially charged slurs toward (the officer), calling him (a racial slur) on numerous occasions.”

The officer also alleged in the report that Galchenyuk was “heavily impaired” with “heavily slurred speech, blood shot watery eyes and an odor of alcohol that emanated from him.”

One of the original arresting officers said that Galchenyuk yelled: “I will kill you c— f—s and your entire family” and threatened “1 phone call and you’re dead.” The officer, who identified in the report as African American, said Galchenyuk repeatedly called him a racial slur: “I asked Alexander to not to not refer to me using that term. He continued to say that derogatory meaning and threatening violence on to me until arriving” at the station, the officer wrote.

That was copied off an Athletic story.

There goes his career

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
wasn't Glendale supposed to be built around the Gila Arena and Entertainment Complex?
If you build it, they will come on 9 Sundays of the year, because the Cardinals are playing.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3