• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows that Dunkin' Donuts uses Orange & Brown as their primary colors

Growing up in Toronto in the 70s, orange and brown were the colors of Country Style Donuts. One year they were the proud sponsor of our peewee team. Made for one ugly jersey....

CSD also reminds me of a life event that could never happen today. One night my brother and friend and I were "camping" in our backyard and decided to go get donuts at 1 am. We were around 10 years old at the time and CSD had a convenient location on Keele Street just south of Finch. So off we went on a donut run.

Much to our surprise, there was a cop at CSD who seemed to think we should be home and being the good defender of the populace, he took us home. And woke up my parents. And told them where he found us.

Ahhhh, the good old days.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing up in Toronto in the 70s, orange and brown were the colors of Country Style Donuts. One year they were the proud sponsor of our peewee team. Made for one ugly jersey....

CSD also reminds me of a life event that could never happen today. One night my brother and friend and I were "camping" in our backyard and decided to go get donuts at 1 am. We were around 10 years old at the time and CSD had a convenient location on Keele Street just south of Finch. So off we went on a donut run.

Much to our surprise, there was a cop at CSD who seemed to think we should be home and being the good defender of the populace, he took us home. And woke up my parents. And told them where he found us.

Ahhhh, the good old days.

Dave, did you guys have Mary Brown's fried chicken in Toronto?

marybrownslogo2.gif

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

marybrownslogo2.gif

I have never had Mary Brown or her chicken. So cannot comment on her thighs.

I was always more of a tatas, errrrrrr, taters guy.

There was a Kentucky Fried Chicken (pre-KFC) near the CSD on Keele Street. But I dare not shift the conversation to creepy old white men.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

marybrownslogo2.gif
I never got the hype but I grew up next to an Italian market with the best fried chicken & potato wedges so maybe I was just spoiled.

There was a Kentucky Fried Chicken (pre-KFC) near the CSD on Keele Street. But I dare not shift the conversation to creepy old white men.
Was that one of those Scott's Chicken Villa's that was a KFC but wasn't?

There's still a KFC by Keele & Finch but it's split with a Taco Bell now. Guessing the Country Style was where the McDonald's is now. WE LOSE ALL OUR CULTURE!

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny thing is that went through my thoughts as I saw it the first time.
I worked for a company that had offices there and used to go up there a lot. One of the first days I was there I was invited to lunch thusly:

"You fuckin' done yet? We're hungry. You do eat, right?"