• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that one of those Scott's Chicken Villa's that was a KFC but wasn't?

Yep!

There's still a KFC by Keele & Finch but it's split with a Taco Bell now. Guessing the Country Style was where the McDonald's is now. WE LOSE ALL OUR CULTURE!

So after I posted this I got homesick and went to Google Maps. Guess I shouldnt be surprised but wow that area has changed. At least the commercial side. The homes and apartments look just as I remember them.

CSD was in the building that is Mr Sub. Now that I think about it, I think it switched to Mr Sub before I went to university in 1980. The McDs has moved a little further north up Keele, I see the KFC/Taco Bell abomination is in the old McD's building.

Popeye's up near Finch used to be an A&W way back, my sister worked there lol. Across the street was a Ferlisi's supermarket (now Ross Grocery Store & Vapes). Used to get all my hockey cards there, paid for most of them. One time I forgot about some packs in my pocket and they politely reminded me to pay for them as I exited the store LOL. Such a criminal.

Only thing I can find that is still there from my era is Nino D'Aversa's. Fond memories of that place too, none involving cops though lol.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked for a company that had offices there and used to go up there a lot. One of the first days I was there I was invited to lunch thusly:

"You fuckin' done yet? We're hungry. You do eat, right?"
Philly Baby

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was still at least one spot on Lawrence in Wexford that has the old SCV awning on it, looks like in the last 5 years it finally died:

So after I posted this I got homesick and went to Google Maps. Guess I shouldnt be surprised but wow that area has changed. At least the commercial side. The homes and apartments look just as I remember them.

CSD was in the building that is Mr Sub. Now that I think about it, I think it switched to Mr Sub before I went to university in 1980. The McDs has moved a little further north up Keele, I see the KFC/Taco Bell abomination is in the old McD's building.

Popeye's up near Finch used to be an A&W way back, my sister worked there lol. Across the street was a Ferlisi's supermarket (now Ross Grocery Store & Vapes). Used to get all my hockey cards there, paid for most of them. One time I forgot about some packs in my pocket and they politely reminded me to pay for them as I exited the store LOL. Such a criminal.

Only thing I can find that is still there from my era is Nino D'Aversa's. Fond memories of that place too, none involving cops though lol.
The Mr. Sub building was my second guess. There was still a Country Style in the plaza at Sheppard until about 5 years ago.

I've got about a 20 year history working in that area. It still looked almost identical until they finished the subway extension to Vaughan, and particularly when they announced the Finch LRT they're opening later this year.

Nino's still slams and is still pretty cheap compared to some other old school haunts (looking at you, $20 California Sandwiches).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Blackballed" makes it sound like he didn't deserve to be exiled in Russia.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I missed this.

the great sportwashing continues. At least it's not a majority stake.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, lol at the characterization of Leipsic being blackballed. Are you trying to tell me there's not a NHL team out there that wouldn't be bringing him on board if he was a good hockey player?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Blackballed" makes it sound like he didn't deserve to be exiled in Russia.

Putin: Hey Igor, Listen to this. I get letter from Leipsic. What the fuck is going on bro? Leipsic is German tank, no? Anyway, I say we let Tankman in to play ze hockey. What can we lose, dude? One day he play hockey the next day he defeat Belarus in land war. Winner Winner Stroganoff dinner!

Admin Igor: Mr. Putin sir... I believe this not tank but actual normal man who is Canadian asshole. And we not fight Belarus; you mean Ukraine, no?

Putin: Ahhh Igor! I just fucking around with you! I'm not crazy man. Of course I mean Ukraine... oh, hey bro? Pass me that vodka and stand by window. HR need new picture for website.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a bit of a health situation here, so I hope you all will keep me in your thoughts and prayers this weekend.

I am at risk of dying of laughter if the Penguins trade the farm to add a 33-year old defenseman with 4 years left on his contract to go along with their 36-year old defenseman with 5 years left on his contract.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a bit of a health situation here, so I hope you all will keep me in your thoughts and prayers this weekend.

I am at risk of dying of laughter if the Penguins trade the farm to add a 33-year old defenseman with 4 years left on his contract to go along with their 36-year old defenseman with 5 years left on his contract.
You laugh but that is what the Penguins are good at now....Being old.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is kind of why I dont understand why y'all want to get rid of Granlund. Heck there are 7 forwards older than him on the roster LOL
That is why they want to get rid of him. He is too young. :D