• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Oilers loss and the Stars win this afternoon, the Oilers are now on the outside looking in as far as the playoffs are concerned.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught a bit of the oilers game while i was at the rink. If anyone else was watching … were yah like me? … was your stress level high watching the rotund rink attendant standing near the top step of the ladder trying to unhook the stanchion from the mesh netting. Almost a modern day humpty dumpty scene …so close!!!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another chapter in the book "What the fuck even is Goalie Interference?" Called a good goal because Merzlikins "Initiated contact"

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another chapter in the book "What the fuck even is Goalie Interference?" Called a good goal because Merzlikins "Initiated contact"

Oh man and that's the GWG as well?!? Sorry, but that's a brutal call and that goal should have been waived off.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing going in Crosby’s favor there was Elvis was outside the crease.

The NHL is as good with determining GI as the NFL is with determining what’s a catch

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing going in Crosby’s favor there was Elvis was outside the crease.

The NHL is as good with determining GI as the NFL is with determining what’s a catch
But only one of his feet was outside the crease. The movement that took his other foot outside the crease was raising his glove. And his glove was up because he caught the puck, which got knocked out of his glove with the contact.

I guess there are two big wheels in the offices in Toronto. The "do we suspend for that" wheel and "was that interference" wone.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FMpef1xXoAIEF-e

The NHL changing the explanation for not overturning the goal less than a half hour after the game just SCREAMS "yeah, we got it right".

And I am sure Brad Machand is loving the official NHL stance of "Any goalie with any part outside the blue is open season". What could possibly go wrong?

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But only one of his feet was outside the crease. The movement that took his other foot outside the crease was raising his glove. And his glove was up because he caught the puck, which got knocked out of his glove with the contact.

I guess there are two big wheels in the offices in Toronto. The "do we suspend for that" wheel and "was that interference" wone.
I was surprised when they called it a good goal.

You’d think by now nothing would surprise anybody considering how jacked up the league is

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FMpef1xXoAIEF-e

The NHL changing the explanation for not overturning the goal less than a half hour after the game just SCREAMS "yeah, we got it right".

And I am sure Brad Machand is loving the official NHL stance of "Any goalie with any part outside the blue is open season". What could possibly go wrong?
I’m glad you found that. I know they always put out their reasoning behind their decisions.

I wasn’t trusting anything Bob Errey said on the broadcast.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m glad you found that. I know they always put out their reasoning behind their decisions.

I wasn’t trusting anything Bob Errey said on the broadcast.
In the Arena, the ref said Elvis initiated contact.

I guess when someone in Toronto finally looked at it they decided to change the words.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Arena, the ref said Elvis initiated contact.

I guess when someone in Toronto finally looked at it they decided to change the words.
Oh damn, I didn’t know that. I was watching a video on my phone during the review and just saw the point to the dot signifying a good goal. Unbelievable

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FMpef1xXoAIEF-e

200.gif

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t the first time this was called a good goal. I am not playing in favor of a good goal but have to give them kudos they stayed consistent.

But to play devils advocate what is the player supposed to do there? Because if they waived this off every time then as a goalie I would be making this contact outside the crease.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another example of it being a good goal.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t the first time this was called a good goal. I am not playing in favor of a good goal but have to give them kudos they stayed consistent.

But to play devils advocate what is the player supposed to do there? Because if they waived this off every time then as a goalie I would be making this contact outside the crease.

In my opinion, Elvis is trying to catch the puck while still keeping one skate in the crease and he is unable to do so with Sid right there and there is contact between the two. I would have ruled it as no goal due to incidental contact and no penalty to Sid. Rule 69 for goalie interference is as follows:

Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s) but may be subject to a Coach’s Challenge

I would argue that Sid's positioning impaired Elvis' ability to defend his goal.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if that were my team scoring I’d be pretty upset if it were called back but I’m going to preface that with I have a 2% understanding of goaltender interference as is so…

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milan Lucic has no idea what goalie interference is either lol