• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bettman: This Arizona news is taking up too much airtime. We need a distraction
NHL Media guy: OK, hear me out

I've seen the Bettman water carriers out in full force saying how much work he did behind the scenes saving the Oilers in Edmonton as well as helping the Flames in Calgary in the late 90's. Well yeah, he had to do something after seeing Winnipeg and Quebec City losing their teams. Also, do we not think for a second that a different commissioner would a) not have done more to help keep the Jets and Nordiques in their respective cities and b) implement a similar program to help small market teams in Canada at the time?

Additionally, this was 25 years ago. This is also the same commissioner that has presided over 4 work stoppages during his tenure. He doesn't see any link between head trauma and CTE, has an incompetent idiot running the department of player safety, doesn't recognize a huge problem with officiating, and has an inconsistent/bizarre approach of applying cap penalties to teams that don't violate the salary cap while allowing teams to have a roster that is close to 20 million over the salary cap win the Stanley Cup.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen the Bettman water carriers out in full force saying how much work he did behind the scenes saving the Oilers in Edmonton as well as helping the Flames in Calgary in the late 90's. Well yeah, he had to do something after seeing Winnipeg and Quebec City losing their teams. Also, do we not think for a second that a different commissioner would a) not have done more to help keep the Jets and Nordiques in their respective cities and b) implement a similar program to help small market teams in Canada at the time?

Additionally, this was 25 years ago. This is also the same commissioner that has presided over 4 work stoppages during his tenure. He doesn't see any link between head trauma and CTE, has had incompetent idiots running the department of player safety for years, doesn't recognize a huge problem with officiating, and has an inconsistent/bizarre approach of applying cap penalties to teams that don't violate the salary cap while allowing teams to have a roster that is close to 20 million over the salary cap win the Stanley Cup.

FIFY

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was with the Capitols I heard him on a local radio show and they brought up Ric Flair retiring and it sounded like Bruce was getting emotional.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

New "Worst person in hockey" nominee (x2). Andrew Shaw, when talking about Kyle Beach says: "As a 20 year old, I would've never put myself in the situation Kyle was in. He put himself in a bad situation." while defending Q and Bowman while Knuckles Nilan says what a shame it is that all this happened to Q. Shaw also says it should have been an "HR issue" and never should have gotten to the coaching staff. Uhhh, it WAS. And the COACHES decided to cover it up. Need to X that whole fucking team off the cup. Take their pick away before we get to the draft.

Around an hour and five minutes in if you want to get yourself wall-punchingly angry on a nice Wednesday afternoon.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Shaw = Piece of shit So he is essentially saying the same as a woman walking down the street gets mugged and raped. It was her fault for her being in that situation. :L

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe some day he will see some playoff success.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Shaw = Piece of shit So he is essentially saying the same as a woman walking down the street gets mugged and raped. It was her fault for her being in that situation. :L
He keeps up that talk and he’s got a chance to replace Junior as the next PM once the tables turn. Or he could move to a red state in the US and he’d easily be elected a member of Congress.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is for @dash

I didn’t read the story so I’m not sure if it mentioned all of his work stoppages.