• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know the whereabouts of this guy?

image.

I have no idea where @Comeds lives, why do you ask?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made the playoffs in the first two years, but lost in round 1 both years.
we would build him a statue here for that record.

I looked up his stats, I had no idea he has ben coaching that long and I forgot he was coach of the Canes when they won the cup.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's 2 solid coaches on the market.

And Dallas Eakins.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7th round pick who was a longshot to even play a game in the NHL let alone score a goal in his second game just brought the Jackets within one goal.

Bucci needs to be better than this.

Screenshot in case he comes to his senses and deletes:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well there is actually a fan base, especially in the northern suburbs. So if it goes in Alpharetta it could work and work well. The issue in the past was awful management. Curious to see what happens.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well there is actually a fan base, especially in the northern suburbs. So if it goes in Alpharetta it could work and work well. The issue in the past was awful management. Curious to see what happens.
We don't need NHL expansion, so the only way I could get behind an NHL team there again is if Arizona or Florida moves there. And I'd rather see Portland, Houston or Quebec City get a shot first. You could also make arguments for Milwaukee and a second in TO before a third shot in Atlanta too.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Macon Whoopees, I'm on board.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need NHL expansion, so the only way I could get behind an NHL team there again is if Arizona or Florida moves there. And I'd rather see Portland, Houston or Quebec City get a shot first. You could also make arguments for Milwaukee and a second in TO before a third shot in Atlanta too.
If Winnipeg is dying on the vine there is zero chance of QC happening.

And if we’re being honest, unless Calgary gets something sorted this summer regarding a new arena it could be the Flames making the move back there. Weegar (he of the OJHL locker room pic at Saddledome last summer) openly shit on the Saddledome during the year end last week saying it wasn’t an NHL-standard arena and he isn’t wrong. Can’t imagine Bettman & co. like players publicly shitting on their infrastructure. Something has to give there.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree expansion really shouldn’t happen.

Interesting thing with Atlanta is the hockey market is totally different than the time of the Thrashers. Greenville, Gwinnett, Savannah and soon Athens all will have minor league hockey.

As for the NHL I see them looking at Houston or Atlanta mainly due to the market size as money speaks more than anything.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree expansion really shouldn’t happen.

Interesting thing with Atlanta is the hockey market is totally different than the time of the Thrashers. Greenville, Gwinnett, Savannah and soon Athens all will have minor league hockey.

As for the NHL I see them looking at Houston or Atlanta mainly due to the market size as money speaks more than anything.
Expansion is Garys lazy go-to to keep the owners happy I feel. And I think its an indication that its the only revenue growth stream he can tap into :noidea:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Expansion is Garys lazy go-to to keep the owners happy I feel. And I think its an indication that its the only revenue growth stream he can tap into :noidea:
If I'm not mistaken, expansion fees are not considered HRR, so doesn't have to be split with the players.